Booking left in abandoned basket blocks out time?

• Dave Illidge
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #96666 by Dave Illidge
Hi.

Can anyone tell me how long a booked time when left in an abandoned basket blocks out that time for other customers? This happened today when a customer added lots of times to their basket then left then did nothing. The times shown as booked on my browser and other customers. Nobody could book those times until later that day.

So my question is there a set time limit before a basket expires and if so can this time limit be reduced? Or is it possible to stop a time-slot showing as booked on the system until it has actually been paid for?

Thanks Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #96667 by BTN
Dave,

I don't know the answer (Dam will have to answer that), to how long it stays, but you can manually clear it by going to OSB Dashboard > Optimize OSB Database [tab] see attached screen shot.

Hope that helps for now,
Bruce
Attachments:

• Dave Illidge
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #96668 by Dave Illidge
Replied by Dave Illidge on topic Booking left in abandoned basket blocks out time?
Thanks for that. Hopefully Dam will let me know how to reduce the time or not have the time show as booked at all until a payment is made.

Regards Dave

More
7 years 1 month ago #96671 by BTN
I believe Airlines when you select your seats the selection cookie expires in 20 minutes so they have time to look around the site, but not clog up like you described. Based on the payment may not work so well: if somebody makes a selection at 1 o'clock and continues looking / booking for another 15 minutes and someone comes along and books at 1:05 then pays at 1:10 they actually get cut to the front of the line, I personally like the 20-minute idea.

And you're welcome.

More
6 years 11 months ago #98969 by Ronni Hansen
Replied by Ronni Hansen on topic Booking left in abandoned basket blocks out time?
I guess its session based. So its the same time as you set in your Joomla config session time (but not sure).

So the same time as a Joomla user is logged in before getting logged out with in-activity.

Moderators: Mr. Dam