Remove item from Cart on Booking screen

• Robyn Roberts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #86818 by Robyn Roberts
Remove item from Cart on Booking screen was created by Robyn Roberts
When removing an item from the cart on the "Booking Form" screen the Booking form is replaced with a table showing all available services etc which if no calendar is displayed makes this confusing to the customer.

Is it possible to return the customer to the services page (or automatically display the calendar) should they remove items from the cart?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #86821 by Roger D
Replied by Roger D on topic Remove item from Cart on Booking screen
I was going to report this as well, but what to do probably needs thought out.

1. If an item is removed but the card still has one or more items in it the only thing that should happen is removal of item without all services being displayed.

2. If the last item is removed leading to an empty cart probably the most flexibility would be an option to have a return menu ID so we can control where they go. As not all of us use the built in service and category listings. Or have an independent menu ID as an option, and an option to show Services categories employees or all which are the same options we have when creating a menu item.

Thank you

• Robyn Roberts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #86841 by Robyn Roberts
Replied by Robyn Roberts on topic Remove item from Cart on Booking screen
I think the easiest solution would to stop the cart showing on the booking screen as it appears that if the service uses a custom time slot it can't be removed from the cart regardless?

• Robyn Roberts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #86843 by Robyn Roberts
I think I have come up with a bit of a workaround / hack in order to stop the cart showing in the 1st booking screen (which in turn saves the confusion when removing items from the cart in this step of the checkout)

In components > com_osservicesbooking > classes > booking.html.php change

if(($configClass == 1)
to
if(($configClass == 0)

on lines 41, 57, 122, 1803, 1818 and 1885

• Robyn Roberts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #86864 by Robyn Roberts
I've come to realise that the cart works independently from the timeslots / descriptions.

By removing an item from the cart it then displays all of the options / timeslots for the item that has been removed but doesn't update the description.

i.e. I have in the cart I have -

Item 1 - Time 1
Item 2 - Time 2

If I am looking at the description for item 2 and remove item 1 from the cart. The description for item 2 remains but the time options for item 1 are displayed. If I then choose a new time slot a options for item 1 is added to the cart!

My concern is that this could cause customers to mistakenly make bookings for the wrong services

More
7 years 7 months ago #86872 by Roger D
Replied by Roger D on topic Remove item from Cart on Booking screen
My site uses off canvas menu and noticed after removing item on check out screen not only do all service options show, but my off canvas menu items get replaced with all the same service listings and no longer able to navigate. Maybe just a fluke with my template, Purity III.

Guess we wait for developer feedback.

Moderators: Mr. Dam