Authentication with Google failed - GCalendar HELP

• Mark Arsenich
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #36532 by Mark Arsenich
After submitting an application for an appointment my site throws the error "Authentication with Google failed"

The configuration for the employee had 3 options:
Username
Password
Calendar ID

The instructions provided show the username without @gmail.com, my main concern is that I also use google's domain tools so my email for google calendar is myemail@mydomain.com instead of @gmail.com

So for the username does it have to be an @gmail.com no matter what? And when I put it into the setting do I follow the directions and omit the @gmail.com and just use the username, or do I use the whole username (example: myemail@gmail.com). Can I use my google apps /domain tools email hosted with google? (Example: myemail@mydomain.com)

And finally... How do I get around the error "Authentication with Google failed"???

Thank you in advanced!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #36533 by Mr. Dam
Hi Mark,
Can you please submit ticket and send me your site information with super admin account, ftp account to check the issue with Google Calendar for you.
Thanks
Dam

• Mark Arsenich
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #36534 by Mark Arsenich
Replied by Mark Arsenich on topic Re: Authentication with Google failed - GCalendar HELP
sure, but can you also post on the forum so if I run into the problem again (if I'm forced to re-install or re-build my website) I can fix it myself? Or since by searching this forum it looks that I'm not the first person to have this problem, that other too may be able to fix this themselves? They could of course submit a ticket, but I myself like to fix things myself, or at least follow directions to fix things myself... its just more rewarding that way.. :)

I'll still submit a ticket if i really have to, I would just rather have a solution I can try to fix myself. But if this is impossible, I'll send the credentials right over...

More
10 years 6 months ago #36535 by Mr. Dam
I need to check in your site before i can let you know the cause of issue
Thanks
Dam

• Mark Arsenich
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #36539 by Mark Arsenich
Replied by Mark Arsenich on topic Re: Authentication with Google failed - GCalendar HELP
Ive submitted a ticket a few hours ago... thank you in advanced as this is time sensitive... thanks!

More
10 years 6 months ago #36540 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
I received the ticket, i will check it soon
Thanks
Dam

More
9 years 6 months ago #50879 by Chris Olsen
Replied by Chris Olsen on topic Authentication with Google failed - GCalendar HELP
I have this issue also, what was the solution to this problem?

More
9 years 6 months ago #50880 by Mr. Dam
Hi Chris
Have you done bellow steps
1. Installed Zend library?
2. Enter correct Gmail account for employee?
3. Register 2nd authentication password on Google?
Thanks
Dam

More
9 years 6 months ago #50881 by Chris Olsen
Replied by Chris Olsen on topic Authentication with Google failed - GCalendar HELP
Hi Dam,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have done all these things but still receive the error.

For my Google login I am using a normal email address ie blogs@domain.net. I am using my usual password. Both work fine when logging into google normally. Any suggestions?

More
9 years 6 months ago #50883 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
In some cases, Google doesn't allow to use API with normal password, and you should use the 2nd authentication password. Please read the documentation of OS Services Booking > Part GCalendar integration to get more information about it.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam