OS Property support center

Categories not displaying in Search Properties

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #77642 by Way
I am having a problem displaying categories in the Search Properties module (it works fine in Advanced Search). I can see the categories drop-down box, but none of the categories are displaying.

I think the problem is connected to the ACL. The categories display if I am logged in at the front end. I have set-up user registration, could this have caused the problem?
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #77647 by Mr. Dam
Hi Way,
Please submit ticket and send your site information with super admin account. I will check and solve the issue for you.
Thanks
Dam

More
7 years 9 months ago #84375 by Helen Atherton
Replied by Helen Atherton on topic Categories not displaying in Search Properties
Hi,
I have the same problem.
Do you have a solution for this?

cheers

More
7 years 9 months ago #84397 by Mr. Dam
Hi Helen,
You can submit ticket and send your site url with super admin account. We'll check the problem for you.
Thanks
Dam

More
7 years 9 months ago #84411 by Helen Atherton
Replied by Helen Atherton on topic Categories not displaying in Search Properties
Hi Dam,
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunatly my site is not live yet and is still on my localhost, so I can't give you access.

I also think it is a permissions issue as it works fine when I'm logged in at the front end, but both the search module and the menu link to the Advanced Search are marked public.

I know you have not long released an update, but you've changed the search module and I don't really want to use the new one, sorry. FYI, I'm using Joomla 3.5.1 and OSProperty 2.9.6

Can you point me in the right direction to search for a solution?
cheers,
Helen

More
7 years 9 months ago #84477 by Mr. Dam
Hi Helen,
Can you please go to Back-end > OS Property > Manage Categories and adjust the Access level of your existing categories. And then, you can go to front-end and check the function again.
Thanks
Dam

More
7 years 9 months ago #84514 by Helen Atherton
Hi Dam,
I've done that. They were both set to Public but I resaved them anyway and no change - even after I cleared the cache.

cheers,
Helen

More
7 years 9 months ago #84565 by Mr. Dam
Hi Helen,
I advise you to upload your site into live server so we can check the issue together.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan