Registering New Members Without Email Addresses

More
7 years 11 months ago #82150 by Calum
I'm not sure if this is a change, or not. So my main concern with the name+number@email.com is it doesn't work for normal users. Quite happy to use it for internal registration of people who don't have email at all but it doesn't work for group registrations.

However editing the email field in Custom Fields to remove the , ajax[ajaxEmailCall] will sort the inability to submit the same email on the group email. That moves the error message from being a validation error to a Joomla message.

If you then install a plugin called: "Allow Duplicate Emails" ( extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...llow-duplicate-email ) this will permit duplicate emails. What it currently doesn't do is allow password reset function to work optimally (it resets the first account it finds which is probably the parent, but the parent can not then use the group member functions to reset the group. I'm thinking of modifying that function so that when you do a password reset, and there are multiple accounts attached to the same email it either:

- allows reset of any of the accounts attached to that reset verification
- allows user to select the account they want to reset

Undecided which is the best approach at the moment.

Anyone foresee any issues with this with MembPro (or for that matter with general J! security

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #121572 by Daniel Duvald
Replied by Daniel Duvald on topic Registering New Members Without Email Addresses
I would like to know if this was ever implemented in Membership Pro. I have a use case, where I like to create group members, but don't need them to be Joomla users.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 3 months ago #121590 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Registering New Members Without Email Addresses
Hello Daniel

At the moment, it's not possible. In Membership Pro, the purpose for adding group members is to allow them to access to restricted resources, and that's why we need email

If you don't have email for members, I think you can use fake email for each group member in this case

Regards,

Tuan

More
5 years 1 month ago #123327 by Daniel Duvald
Replied by Daniel Duvald on topic Registering New Members Without Email Addresses
Would it be possible to hide the email field for group members, and have the system create a fake email?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 1 month ago #123328 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Registering New Members Without Email Addresses
Hello Daniel

Unfortunately, it's not possible. As I said, Joomla require each user to have his own email address, so Membership Pro requires email field for each member

If you want to hide email field and create fake email for each member, it's possible, but will require customizing some code. It will cost you about 40$ for this customization

Regards,

Tuan