Membership Pro

More
9 years 4 months ago #55449 by Tony Cline
Replied by Tony Cline on topic Membership Pro
Hi Tuan,
Here is some additional information:
1. I need to be able to have the list show members to guests and public who are not logged in to the site.
2. there is no record in the translation file for OSM_NOT_ALLOW_TO_VIEW_MEMBERS so I cannot customize the error message.
3. Is there any way to determine what columns are displayed in the list? For example, if I create a menu item for a certain plan, I don't need that column to show for every record, it just takes up space and messes with the formatting.
--

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 4 months ago #55506 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro
Hi Tony

1=> You can go to Membership Pro -> Configuration, select Public group, set "View Members" permission to Allowed

2=> OK, I forgot to add it. You can go to Membership Pro -> Translation, press New Item button in the toolbar, add this new language item so that you can translate it.

3=> Edit the custom field, set "Show on members list" property to No if you want to hide it

Tuan

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #55512 by Tony Cline
Tuan,
I was able to do #2 and #3 below but I am having difficulty with #1. Two of the fields that I want to hide are:
Plan and Subscription date. I don't see them on the list of custom fields. Where can I go to turn them off?

Also, How do I sort the members list on the front end?
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Tony Cline.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 4 months ago #55513 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
They are not custom fields, and hardcoded in the page (I don't know why you want to hide these two fields, especial the plan title)

If you want to hide it, you will need to edit the code. Look at the file components/com_osmembership/views/members/tmpl/default.php and remove these two columns (it should not he hard)

Tuan

More
9 years 4 months ago #55514 by Tony Cline
The reason I want to hide them is that I have a menu item that is linked to each type of plan and will list just those members that are a part of the plan and so we don't need to take up the space on the screen with the plan and also other users don't need to know when they subscribed to the plan.
Attachments:

More
9 years 4 months ago #55515 by Tony Cline
Sorry, I don't know code well enough to make any modificatons to the php file.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 4 months ago #55516 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Then use what it is displaying now or hire me to modify it for you :D

Get this file, unzip it, upload to components/com_osmembership/views/members/tmpl folder and it should work as expected

Tuan
Attachments:

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 4 months ago #55517 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Then use what it is displaying now or hire me to modify it for you :D

Get this file, unzip it, upload to components/com_osmembership/views/members/tmpl folder and it should work as expected

Tuan
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tony Cline

• kbarnes
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #55548 by kbarnes
Replied by kbarnes on topic Membership Pro
Tuan, I'd like to expand your notion of what types of organizations use Membership Pro and how important the front end display and search is.

My client is an organization of veterinarians who specialize in treating one type of unusual animal. They want pet owners who have this animal to be able to search for vets in their area who treat them. I would think that many organization service providers - engineers, landscapers, electricians, beauticians, etc. would want the public to be able to search for their members in this way.

So displaying the plan type, subscription date and so on is of no value. Searching by last name or email doesn't help the public find a member. I appreciate the efforts you've made to show a front end search, but to my mind the current implementation is too limited and is of value to only one type of membership organization, not a broad range of organizations and needs.

More
9 years 3 months ago #55573 by Tony Cline
Hello Tuan,
I wanted to give you some feedback on the front end member list as I have been implementing it on our new site and have a few issues:
1. If you have more than 20 members the arrows at the bottom of the list do not actually move to the 21-40 members. It creates a url www.denvernarpm.com/index.php/members/pr...ional-members/page-2 but it does not actually move to page two of the user list.
2. There is no way to sort the member list. It would be ideal for us to be able to sort by organization instead of by the first to register - last to register.

Thoughts?
Tony.
Attachments: