Hide Custom Fields in Frontend.

More
9 years 4 months ago #55168 by tecsmarts
Replied by tecsmarts on topic Hide Custom Fields in Frontend.
I need this feature as well. Has it been implemented yet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #55181 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Hide Custom Fields in Frontend.
Hi

This feature is now available in the latest codebase of the extension but I haven't made it public release yet. I will try to make it release within this week (there are still some discussions needed about EU VAT Tax rules before we can finish this new version)

Tuan

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #55322 by Thomas McEachren
Replied by Thomas McEachren on topic Hide Custom Fields in Frontend.

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Give me few more days. We are going to add support for it soon

Tuan

Hi Tuan,

I just installed Membership Pro, I am loving it already. I happened across this post as I was wanting to know this very same thing. I have quite a few custom fields that need not be viewed or filled out by the member. I would use this fields for tracking, reporting and filtering. I read your response above to this inquiry that was posted over a month ago and I did not see an "Access" drop down as you mentioned. Am I missing something?

Nevermind! I somehow missed that last reply :) I am getting tired (2 am here).

-Tom
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Thomas McEachren. Reason: mistake

More
9 years 3 months ago #55323 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Tom

If you want to have this feature working, drop me an email to tuanpn@joomdonation.com and I will send it to you

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 3 months ago #55550 by tecsmarts
Replied by tecsmarts on topic Hide Custom Fields in Frontend.
I emailed, but never heard back.

It appears, however, that some of this has been implemented in the latest release. Thank you!! :)

I don't know if it is exactly as some of us were hoping for but here is a further clarification, if it will help. Basically there are 2 useful options (which were features in that horrible program, Community Builder, which we just migrated from) that will really help my client:

1. To hide a field from the front end completely (so admins can make notes about dealings with the member)
  2. To make a field "READ ONLY" on the front end (so admins can type messages ..."received your check on 1/29/14" ... that will be seen by the member, but can't be changed .. except by admin)

Hopefully those are the items that you were working on. :)

Thanks again for all your work ... and your responsiveness to your user base. It is what sets this product apart, for sure.

More
8 years 9 months ago #66703 by GABRIELE ROVEDA
Replied by GABRIELE ROVEDA on topic Hide Custom Fields in Frontend.
Hello Tuan,
I also have the same problem. I saw that in the new version you can indicate enl extra field a number of options such as "read only" and so on. But this also appears on the registration form, so if I want to make it "read only" the name of the user when updating his profile But preventing it to change, I can not make the field name as "read only" already in the registration form, otherwise how do you fill it? I hope I explained. I know you can take action in view of PHP / profile / tmpl / default.php when called fields of membership_id, but not if when updating the script lose and intervene if there is correct. If the script should indicate the fields first_name and last_name as "read only".
If you can confirm that in this way I can work on the front-end and drop me the correct script I would be grateful. If you can not try to do it, as long as you confirm for me that's where you can take action.
Thank you for your attention, I await response.

More
8 years 9 months ago #66722 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

We don't have this option, unfortunately, so you will need to modify the file view/profile/tmpl/default.php to make it just display information, not make it editable. Don't worry about the saving script, it won't change the data

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 9 months ago #84193 by George
Replied by George on topic Hide Custom Fields in Frontend.
I have the same question, how to restrict user to edit the information after he has signed up to subscription plan. What exactly should be changed in the dafault_php file to make the restriction possible.
Also I would like to edit the layout of the user profile page, for instance instead of having tabs at the top of the screen I need a menu on the left sidebar.
Many thanks in advance.