IPN for external service

• Edward Anderson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #81642 by Edward Anderson
IPN for external service was created by Edward Anderson
I work for a Non-Profit, and we use an online donor database system for tracking our donations. This also helps at the end of the year when we need to send out Tax Deduction Receipts, and aids us in maintaining our relationships with people who support us in a broad number of ways. This service has a specific URL assigned to us which they want PayPal to send data to for updating pre-existing donor data, as well as add new donors to our records, but JoomDonation apparently sends something to PayPal which forces them to respond to it instead. I've looked everywhere to see if there is someplace where this can be turned off, but I may be missing something. (It wouldn't be the first time I screwed up, as you well know. By the way, sorry about the Bootstrap mixup...the template I was using had no facility for turning it on and defaulted to off...or something like that. I'm still confused about that.)

I LOVE JoomDonation now, and really, REALLY don't want to have to change it just to accommodate the easy transfer of hundreds of recurring donations to the online donor tracking database. I'm hoping that the worst that needs doing is editing os_paypal.php, because I'm looking forward to exploiting the features of your software.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #81658 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic IPN for external service
Hi Anderson

1. Yes, Joom Donation needs PayPal to send IPN message back to it after someone complete payment at PayPal so that Joom Donation can update status of donation record, sending emails....

2. If I understand your requirement correctly, you don't want Joom Donation to pass this IPN URL to PayPal so that PayPal can send notification to a different URL ? If so, Joom Donation won't work properly

3. You can try to look at os_paypal.php, comment out these lines of code so that Joom Donation won't receive IPN notification (PayPal will then send IPN messages to the URL you entered on PayPal account instead). However, as I said, Joom Donation won't work properly in this case
Code:
$this->setParameter('notify_url', $siteUrl . 'index.php?option=com_jdonation&task=payment_confirm&payment_method=os_paypal'); $this->setParameter('notify_url', $siteUrl . 'index.php?option=com_jdonation&task=recurring_donation_confirm&payment_method=os_paypal');

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edward Anderson

• Edward Anderson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #81659 by Edward Anderson
Replied by Edward Anderson on topic IPN for external service
Would there be a way in which I could send the same information to a second URL as well?

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt