Recurring payment not working

• victora125
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #73369 by victora125
Recurring payment not working was created by victora125
Recurring payment not working with joomdonation and paypal. Only the first charge works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #74958 by Abeer Kirollos
Replied by Abeer Kirollos on topic Recurring payment not working
We too are having issues with recurring donations and paypal pro plugin specially when it is not monthly. Any suggestions or ideas on how to make it work?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #75347 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring payment not working
Hi Abeer

At the moment, Joom Donation just register the payment with PayPal if you are using PayPal Pro. Later, when PayPal charges donors for additional payment, Joom Donation doesn't have any process with that payment yet

I will try to change the PayPal pro payment plugin to support it (makes it works the same with PayPal payment standard). However, for this feature, I think I will need about 4 weeks

Tuan

• victora125
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #78905 by victora125
Replied by victora125 on topic Recurring payment not working
Has this issue been resolved w. the recurring donation and paypal pro?

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79640 by Abeer Kirollos
Hi Tuan,

Something is wrong with your support ticket system as I can not add any more comments now. Please update me on the progress of fixing this recurring donations using Paypal Pro plugin (that new way for new Paypal accounts). I have been waiting for too long. This is very important for us.

Thank you.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 week ago #79938 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Abeer

Sorry, I missed this comment. Other customers can still submit ticket / add comment to existing ticket, so I don't know why you could not add comment to the ticket

I will have recurring payment works well with PayFlow Pro before the end of this month (maybe from 7 to 10 days from now). I will inform you via support ticket when it is completed

Tuan

More
8 years 1 week ago #79989 by Abeer Kirollos
Attached is the issue I am having in adding comments to my opened support ticket (since Jan 31st). As you can see, the "Add Comment" button is hidden under the comment textarea. I even tried to open it in private browsing and got the same result.

The issue now is not being able to add comments but that I have been waiting for months now for this new payflow system that would work with recurring donations with the new paypal. You keep promising it to get done in few days and then months go by. Is this your final promise (end of this month) or again another unfulfilled one?

I am sorry for being frustrated as I have been waiting for a solution to this problem for SO LONG (since Jan 23rd to be exact). So, please understand my frustration. We bought the donation component and paypal pro plugin to work on both single and more importantly recurring payments. Nothing was mentioned in the documentation that this component DOES NOT work on the new Paypal accounts or else we would have thought of other solutions. This is too late now and you acknowledged that you will write up the code needed to fix this issue but here we are months later with no solution.
Attachments:

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 week ago #79991 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Abeer

1. About the comment, seems it is a problem when the comment is too long. I am going to check it on tomorrow morning to see why the add commment button is not shown. Will update you on tomorrow.

2. Trust me, I didn't know that PayPal doesn't allow new account to use PayPal Pro, too. Seems they did that to force users to use PayFlow Pro. If I knew that, I would tell you from the beginning so that you could find a different solution and we both would not have been trouble like this. Developing a new payment plugin (especially to support recurring payment) is a hard work and take me much time. For me, it is not worth to spend too much time on this development.
I just promise to do it because you have been using the extension and I have no choice.

So my final words, I am going to find sometime and get the payment plugin completed within this month. You can come back to me by the end of this month and I will send the plugin to you

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 11 months ago #80766 by Abeer Kirollos
Tuan, end of the month as passed and I am writing to ask about an update for this issue. I still cannot write any comments in my support ticket that is opened related to this forum so I had to ask on the forum.

Is the payment plugin ready now for recurring donations for Paypal Pro?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #81021 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Abeer

[quoe]
Is the payment plugin ready now for recurring donations for Paypal Pro?
[/quote]

=> It is not PayPal Pro payment plugin. PayPal Pro does support recurring payment out of the box. The problem is that your PayPal doesn't allow you to use recurring payment. They force you to use their new PayPflow Pro gateway and I had to develop feature for you

Anyway, I replied you via support ticket asking for information of your site and your PayFlow Pro account information so that I can setup the Payflow Pro payment plugin to your site for testing

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt