Thermometer not moving with Plugin os_authnetsim

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #60406 by Mike
Help I just moved from the plugin os_authnet to os_authnetsim. Below are my issues. I thought I was buying a Plugin like the PayPal one that works great.

1. The joom donation thermometor does not rise when a donation is made using os_authnetsim like the paypal plugin does.
2. the user is not taken back to site like the paypal plugin does.
3. no information about who or what was donated is going into joom donation like the paypal plugin does.
4. the user is not receiving the normal thank you email.
And yes I set it up correctly and it does accept the payments.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #60409 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Thermometer not moving with Plugin os_authnetsim
Hi Mike

Could you please check and make sure you did the two steps below:

3. Upload file jd_authnetsim_notify.php to the root of your site .
4. Login to your authorize.net merchant account, edit the slient post url and enter this value : yourdomain.com/jd_authnetsim_notify (yourdomain.com is your site URL)

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #60416 by Mike
Yes. We did both and the payment is going through but the other issues are still there. Please answer each statement. We would be more than happy to pay you to make it work.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Mike.

• Robert Vining
  • I Bleed Joomla
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #60581 by Robert Vining
Replied by Robert Vining on topic Thermometer not moving with Plugin os_authnetsim
I'm having the exact same issue.

I'm testing on Sandbox.authorize.net and I get notification working just fine when I use Authorize.NET AIM but when I switch to SIM I get no notification back to Joom Donate to show a payment was made and no email notification is sent out from joom donate with the SIM version.

Robert Vining
Owner, Roberts Web Design

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #60582 by Mike
Hi Robert, we have rewritten the code and have made it work with limitations noted below. If you can live with the limitations I can have one of my programmers assist you with the implementation.

Ok, last night we were unsuccessful in the project of making the system go from Authorize.net to the thank you page on the site. Returns a blank page. Not acceptable.

Option 1.
Posts/Populates the authorize.net form from Joom Donation. Then it can go back to the main page of the site which displays correctly and posts to JD automatically. How ever I believe the user needs to see a Thank You page or some kind of receipt page. The user does get an emailed receipt from the Authorize.net system and JD Thank You email.

Option 2.
Posts/Populates the authorize.net form from Joom Donation. Then it takes user to an authorize.net receipt page. There is a button at the top of the page that can say "TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION CLICK HERE".
If Button Clicked:
Takes User back to Your Site Thank You page which displays correctly and posts to Joom Donation automatically. The user does get an email receipt from the Authorize.net system and Joom Donation thank You email.

If Button NOT Clicked:
The user does get an email receipt from the Authorize.net, but NO Joom Donation Thank You email and does not post to Joom Donation.

Conclusion:
If we can get Option 1 above to terminate on a page that we can populate with a Thank You, then I would feel that would be our best option.

If I cannot solve the BLANK page issue, then I feel terminating user at authorize.net would work but we will have to manually manipulate the thermometers for those users who do not click the button. And yes there does not have to be a button or it can just take user back to main page of Your Site.. You are welcome to call me 925-231-8111 x100 or email me at mike@pmb-inc.com

• Robert Vining
  • I Bleed Joomla
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #60583 by Robert Vining
Replied by Robert Vining on topic Thermometer not moving with Plugin os_authnetsim
Hey Mike, thanks for the update and the offer to share a solution. I noted your email in case we need to follow up with you directly.

I actually don't want to have to hack a commercial extension to fix a known bug. We paid for this in 2013 along with the SIM plugin that was working fine on the 2.5 site for this client. We migrated them to 3.4 and decided to purchase the latest release, along with another copy of the SIM plugin (wasting $20, not realizing it hadn't been updated since 2012) in hopes that the newer version with a complete code rewrite would be a more stable solution than hacking the old jdonate 3.2 version we had installed.

Hopefully Tuan jumps in here with a proper fix. We can code it ourselves, but we didn't get paid to do that... Tuan does everytime someone buys a new subscription.

Robert Vining

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #60595 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Thermometer not moving with Plugin os_authnetsim
Hey Robert

1. Regarding the extra Authorize.net SIM payment plugin, you don't need to re-purchase it. No need for wasting the money as the plugin is lifetime upgrade and no changes were made. I will just go ahead to find and refund the money of that purchase.

2. Back the the issue you reported, not sure Authorize.net changes something recently or not but Yes, I can see that 2 customers reported the issue recently. While I don't see a way to redirect donors from Authorize.net to the website, we will need to work on it so that :

- Donation record will be showed properly

- Email need to be sent

- Thermometer updated

Could you please help me by submitting a support ticket sending me super admin account of the site so that I can check (hope it is still a dev site at the moment)? Want to check the logs to see what's wrong and got it fixed properly.

Looking forward to receiving your response/ticket

Tuan

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #60599 by Mike
Just a note. We depend on JD and appreciate the work you have done. Look forward to seeing your latest changes.

4/3/2015 Update. We have it working with a redirect from home page. This assumes you do not have a splash or popup set with cookies.

• Robert Vining
  • I Bleed Joomla
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #60623 by Robert Vining
Hi Tuan,

We are away for Easter Holiday today through Sunday.

If it's OK, I will submit a support ticket with full access to our dev server on Monday.

Thanks for following up!

Robert Vining

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #60648 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Robert. Looking forward to seeing your ticket and get the issue sorted.

Happy holiday !

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt