Payment by Credit Card in PayPal - No PayPal Acct

• Daniel Hansen
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #50058 by Daniel Hansen
Is it possible to set something up in JoomDonation so users can make donations through PayPal without being forced to create a PayPal account? I know this must be possible -- I did it for another site that used a different PayPal-integrated component.

DH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #50061 by joshua
Im not a moderator, but we used to use Paypal at the Non-Profit I toil for, and switched only to get better processing rates. I'm sure that if you (as the merchant) have a gateway account with paypal, your donors do not need to have paypal accounts.

developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/payflow-gateway/
Thats just a summary of the payflow service, of which, you would probably use the PRO version.
There are other gateways out there, though. I'd be glad to share what knowledge I have if you want to pm me.

More
9 years 7 months ago #50071 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Payment by Credit Card in PayPal - No PayPal Acct
Hi Daniel

This is controlled by Paypal, not by Joom Donation. Normally, when users are redirected to Paypal, they will have a chance to pay by credit card or by the balance in his Paypal account.

However, in some cases, Paypal will disable credit card payment option (I don't see they have documentation about when they will disable this option), so maybe you should try to contact them to ask about it.

Regards,

Tuan

• safeworld4women
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #50105 by safeworld4women
Replied by safeworld4women on topic Payment by Credit Card in PayPal - No PayPal Acct
Hi Joshua
Would be interested to know more - and which gateway you ended up using. At present we get the paypal non-proft rate on all transactions.

Best

Andrew
(Not sure you can PM here by the way)

I am the Operations Director and lead Developer for The Safeworld International Foundation - an award winning international Non-profit working for women's empowerment.
I also design websites for non-profit organisations and small ethical businesses.

More
9 years 6 months ago #50245 by joshua
Hi Safeworld4women
We ended up using Authorize.net because the rates were satisfactory for our needs.
This allowed us to process CC donations on our site via Joomdonation using the auth.net plugin in Joom Donation.

You can contact me at jstahl @ casadeamparo . org if you'd like to discuss further.

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt