Donation not being recorded in Joomla

More
9 years 9 months ago #46830 by opace
Hi,

we use JoomDonation with the WorldPay extension on our Joomla 2.5 website. On the 25th June, JoomDonation stopped recording donations in the 'Donors' page in the admin panel. It looks like the redirect to Worldpay is working, as is the actual payment on Worldpay, but this information is no longer being recorded on the Joomla side.

There haven't been any changes made to our JoomDonation installation recently, is there any reason why this would have happened? Is it possible that WorldPay have changed their API or something similar which is resulting in this issue?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #46857 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Donation not being recorded in Joomla
Hi

It happens with all new donation records or it just happens with some records ? Maybe there is something changes in your Worldpay account ? Could you please check and make sure the following settings in Worldpay account still correct:

1. Install the plugin via Payments plugin in the extension
2. Login to merchant account at worldpay, edit the installation, in the Payment Response URL textbox, enter YOUR_SITE_URL/index.php?option=com_jdonation&task=payment_confirm&payment_method=os_worldpay, for example, joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_jd...t_method=os_worldpay
3. Check on Payment Response enabled checkbox

Tuan

More
9 years 9 months ago #46959 by opace
Replied by opace on topic Donation not being recorded in Joomla
Hi,

I've checked the settings in Worldpay and they match the above. It's worth noting that this functioned fine for a long time and has only recently stopped sending payment details back to the site. No changes have been made on either the Joomla site or within Worldpay.

Is there anything else that could be causing this?

Thanks.

More
9 years 9 months ago #46988 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Opace

In this case, I think you will need to submit a support ticket so that I can check to see what's wrong. There might be some reasons can causes this error :

1. Your site has a security plugin installed which blocks the POST request from Worldpay to your site to notify about payment ?

2. The server where your site is hosted has Firewall software which blocks the POST request from Worldpay ?

That's the only reasons I can think off for now.

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 9 months ago #47056 by opace
Hi,

I've managed to resolve this now based on your comments above. Joomdonation is now tracking all new transactions correctly in the admin panel.

One question I do have, this facility was down for about 2 weeks, but donations were placed (and show up in Worldpay) during that time, they just weren't recorded by Joomla. Is there any possible way to recover that data? There were several custom form fields on the Joomdonation form that weren't captured by Worldpay and were for our internal use when reviewing the donor page. Is it possible that this information may be stored somewhere in the database?

Thanks.

More
9 years 9 months ago #47073 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Go to Joom Donation -> Configuration, find the config option Show Pending Donation records, set it to Yes and you will see these records, You can then edit these record, set Published to Yes and it will work well

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 9 months ago #47123 by opace
Hi,

thanks for that. I'm not finding this option in the configuration page however, is it possible that the version I'm running (2.9.0) doesn't have this implemented?
If so, I assume that updating to the latest version wouldn't allow me to view these records as they weren't being stored in the version we have installed?

Thanks.

More
9 years 9 months ago #47181 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
These records are on your database, it is just not being showed. In the version 2.9.0, we don't have this option to show pending records. But in the later version, we added that option (not sure what version I added this feature).

So if you really need to get these records, you might want to upgrade. Otherwise, stay with version 2.9.0

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt