Support for recurring payments

• Andrew Stibbs
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #43339 by Andrew Stibbs
Support for recurring payments was created by Andrew Stibbs
Hello there,

I am a user of JOOMDonation and have integrated the paypal standard payment plug-in for our donations. Although this plug-in does support recurring payments, it is extremely cumbersome in that it forces someone to either login or create a paypal account. Most of our donors will simply say forget it!

So, I note that the only other two payment plug-ins mentioned as support recurring payments are Moneybooker and authorize.net. Does 2Checkout when integrated with JOOMDonation support recurring payments?

We also don't wish to go Paypal Pro as the client does not wish to pay the monthly fee.

Thanks in advance for your comment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #43346 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Support for recurring payments
Hi Andrew

2Checkout payment plugin for Joom Donation doesn't support recurring payment at the moment. I am afraid of you will need to either use Paypal or Authorize.net in this case.

Tuan

• Andrew Stibbs
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #43391 by Andrew Stibbs
Replied by Andrew Stibbs on topic Support for recurring payments
Hi Tuan,

Thanks very much. That is very unfortunate as authorize.net requires a merchant account I believe and the requirement here is to avoid that process (given how difficult it is to achieve).

For paypal, the issue remains with the standard solution which has the very confusing forced login / account creation step for recurring payments (a requirement which is not in place for one time payments).

I know that the JOOMDonation supports also Paypal Pro as well and I am guessing this will allow us to get around the situation (forced login) in that one builds the checkout and payment process on one's own site. Does JOOM Donation also support the new tier which I believe Paypal calls Paypal Advanced? It has a lower monthly charge. Does JOOM Donation support this payment plug in as well?

Thanks
Andrew

More
10 years 1 month ago #43405 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Support for recurring payments
Hi Andrew

Unfortunately, we haven't had support for Paypal Advanced yet :(.

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt