Donations not showing in currencies - big problems

• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #40743 by safeworld4women
Hi Tuan
We are trying to develop Joom Donation so all the various modules work for our various campaigns.
Now we are allowing our donors to give in different currencies.
The information is successfully sent to Paypal in that currency and we can see on Paypal what currency a donation came in - because we have setup Paypal currency accounts for each one.
However the same information is not stored in Joom Donation
What is just stored is an amount
So when someone donates $100 it is stored as 100
And if someone donates £100 it is also stored as 100
Now what this means is that we cannot tell how much has been accurately give to a campaign because it will only show as 200 - which is meaningless I am afraid
Now it gets slightly worse
if we use the Campaign Module we can set a goal of say $1000
When a donation is made it adds the donation to the total received in the module in exactly the same way it does in the backend
So a donation of $100 dollars shows as 100
And a donation of £100 shows as 100
So it would appear in the Campaigns module that $200 dollars has been received from the reguired target of $1000
However this is not accurate
£100 is actually worth approximately $161.55
So the total amount raised is $261.00 not $200

Because the different currencies are not recorded we have to check individually with PAYPAL to see the amount that was received both for our accounting purposes and also for sending the correct amounts to the people we collect money for.

And this can get very complicated
It also means we can't use the Campaign Module nor the Thermometer

Any idea what we can do?

Thanks so much Andrew

By the way I just upgraded to the latest version today and it is still the same problem

I am the Operations Director and lead Developer for The Safeworld International Foundation - an award winning international Non-profit working for women's empowerment.
I also design websites for non-profit organisations and small ethical businesses.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by safeworld4women.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt