Great experience with Joomdonation

• Alan Nishioka
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #34612 by Alan Nishioka
Great experience with Joomdonation was created by Alan Nishioka
i just finished integrating joomdonation with my site, and it works great. here are some notes:
1. the install docs are great. but there is no more documentation. i had to take a leap of faith pay the money and just try it.
2. the back end with paypal works flawlessly. i couldn't get it to work with the paypal sandbox. so i tested it live with small donation amounts.
3. paypal recurring donations work fine. you get an email for every installment, and joomdonation updates the donor list for each new payment.
4. i didn't like the look of the thermometer or donor list, so i built my own using the modules as a template. it was easy to get the required data out of the database and display it how i wanted.
5. i used the organization as a display name field and hide_me as a hide donation amount field. of course, this only worked since i wrote my own display module.
6. i was very concerned when the donate button did nothing. but then i found the "fix donate button" option and everything was fine.
7. joomla loadposition has a bug that cuts off the dollar sign and two characters when it sees the $. this is a problem when you are displaying a list of dollar amounts. i fixed this by using $ (ampersand hash 36 semicolon) instead of dollar sign.
8. some of the english wasn't quite right (obviously a translation error). but it was all easy to fix in the configuration/translation menu.
9. received code for joomla 1.5, 1.6-1.7, 2.5-3.0 which was great because my website is 1.5 but my test website is 1.6
10. custom fields looks interesting, but i don't know how to use it. did i mention there's no documentation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 8 months ago #34614 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Great experience with Joomdonation
Thanks Alan for sharing your experience. Yes, the documentation is not good enough and It need to be improved. For now, if you have questions or need any help, please contact me via Skype and I will answers all the questions you have !

My Skype nickname is tuanpnves

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt