CB integration, payment to members

• LineMine
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #32228 by LineMine
CB integration, payment to members was created by LineMine
Hi
Could you tell me if I have to buy the additional CB Donate Me Plugin to enable payment to CB members of my site, by visitors or other members? Looking at the configuration of Joom Donation, it seems to imply that I can set up payment to CB members anyway, without the plugin, but I haven't tested this yet.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #32237 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: CB integration, payment to members
Hi

If you want site visitors to donate for your site members, you will have to use CB Donate me !

Tuan

• LineMine
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #32239 by LineMine
Replied by LineMine on topic Re: CB integration, payment to members
Hi
Okay, thanks for a very quick response on this. I think I would have preferred this to be made clear in the description of Joom Donation. I don't object in principle to having to purchase additional plugins to add functions to an extension, but I would prefer to know in advance, before I purchase the extension itself. However, it all looks like really good value, and could be just what I'm looking for.
One additional question: is it possible to hide previous donors on the tab in the CB profile, and is this the only way that visitors or other members can donate to CB members, or can I set things up so that, for example, a donation can be made to an author of an article, within the article itself?
Thanks .

More
10 years 10 months ago #32334 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

You are talking about the tab which allows users to donate for your site member ? You don't want to display the donation records there, just the section which allow users to enter donation about and process donation for that member ?

Please give me more information so that I can guide you.

Tuan

• LineMine
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #32377 by LineMine
Hi

Thanks. I'll get it set up and get back to you.

• LineMine
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #32379 by LineMine
Hi Tuan

I've just taken a look at the plugins available for this, and it looks like there are 2, one for donating on the CB profile via a tab, and one called Donate Author, which sounds like the plugin I want. Apparently there is a bundle available, which includes Joom Donation, and this plugin, for $24.99, which is what i just paid for Joom Donation on its own. I'm hoping you can upgrade my purchase to this bundle and include the plugin at no additional cost, as I would obviously have bought it had I known?

Many thanks

Simon

• LineMine
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #32389 by LineMine
Hi Tuan

I think I can see the answer to my previous post. I am guessing that the Donate Author plugin isn't Joomla 2.5 ready? It looks like all the links on the page are broken? Its a shame, because I would prefer to us an article based donation facility. Anyway, I purchased the CB Donate Me plugin, and I'll see how that fits what I want to do.
Do you have plans to update the Donate Author plugin to Joomla 2.5?
Thanks

Simon

More
10 years 10 months ago #32432 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Simon

No plan for it at the moment. However, I can spend time this weekend to work on it. Please remind me on Sunday and I will send the Donate Author plugin to you !

Tuan

• LineMine
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #32446 by LineMine
Hi Tuan

That is really a very kind offer, but there is no great rush, plus I think I will be able to use the other plugin ( Donate Me) some of the time anyway. Combined with some CB plugins it looks like a great option for me, so many thanks for developing it.
If you do intend to upgrade the Donate Author plugin to Joomla 2.5, I would really appreciate a copy when you have completed it. It would give my site another really useful option for donations.
Thanks again.

Simon

• LineMine
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #32497 by LineMine
Hi Tuan

I am a bit unclear how the commission option in the Donate for Member tab works? Presumably this only functions if the donation is paid direct to Admin, and not straight to the members PayPal account?

Also, could you tell me what type of custom field I need to create in CB for the members PayPal ID field?

Many thanks.

Simon
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by LineMine.

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt