Display the campaign and donation button

• Stefan Will
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #17785 by Stefan Will
Display the campaign and donation button was created by Stefan Will
Hello you guys,

I've purchased joomdonation and configurated as told as in the description. I've setup a campaign and now I am asking myself, how to display the campaign with its description as an article, and if this doesn't work that easy, how to integrate the donation button of the campaign into the article cause I can't find the code (brackets) to implement the donate-button-plugin

Thanks so far

Stefan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #17833 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Display the campaign and donation button
Hi Stefan

If you want to display list of campaigns which you created (together with description), please create a menu item to link to Campaigns List view of Joom Donation. After that, when users access to that menu item , they will see list of campaigns and click on donate button to donate for the campaign he wants.

If you want to embed donation form for a campaign into a Joomla article, please follow the steps below :

1. Install and publish Joom Donation Form plugin (the file jdform.zip in the package).

2. In the article, use the syntax {jdform CAMPAIGN_ID} for example, {jdform 1} will display donation form for campaign with ID = 1 in the article .

Regards,

Tuan

• Stefan Will
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #17842 by Stefan Will
Replied by Stefan Will on topic Re: Display the campaign and donation button
Thanks for answering.

And how about the "os_paypal"-plugin in the Payment-Plugin-Tab? Is this the single donate-button itself and if so, how do I integrate it into an article?

Yeah, that with the menu item "Campaign List" looks almost exactly as I have planed to have it look like. Just some simple adjustments in css and overrides and I guess then I am happy. But there´s one more question:
How do I manage it to seperate campaigns through the menu-items cause I got campaigns in 2012 and there will be some in 2013. Therefore I fear, that if I choose the menu item "Campaign List" for "2013" that when someone calls for "2013" on the site, the campaigns also from 2012 will be shown. My attention is that you can look them up in the future even though they were done.

Thanks for help and ambition so far

Best Regards
Stefan
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Stefan Will.

More
11 years 9 months ago #17875 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Display the campaign and donation button

And how about the "os_paypal"-plugin in the Payment-Plugin-Tab? Is this the single donate-button itself and if so, how do I integrate it into an article?

=> It is just a payment plugin which allows donors to process donation via Payal. All you need to do is click on that payment plugin, enter your Paypal account into the plugin parameter, set it to Live Mode and you are done.... It is not a button which you can insert into an article.

Yeah, that with the menu item "Campaign List" looks almost exactly as I have planed to have it look like. Just some simple adjustments in css and overrides and I guess then I am happy. But there´s one more question:
How do I manage it to seperate campaigns through the menu-items cause I got campaigns in 2012 and there will be some in 2013. Therefore I fear, that if I choose the menu item "Campaign List" for "2013" that when someone calls for "2013" on the site, the campaigns also from 2012 will be shown. My attention is that you can look them up in the future even though they were done.

=> Unfortunately, it is not possible to handle it via menu parameter. Maybe you can simply unpublish the campaigns you want to use and it will be hided from the list ?

Tuan

• Stefan Will
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #17909 by Stefan Will
Replied by Stefan Will on topic Re: Display the campaign and donation button
Alright then. Not that big a deal. Thanks for your help so far. But it would be a nice improvement when you come up with the next version to say which campaigns should be displayed, when you set up the menu item campaign list don´t you think?

Kind regards
Stefan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Natalja Novikova

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt