Saving not possible + Translation + Conflicts ...

More
12 years 2 months ago #13838 by jw64
I bought yesterday Joom Donation and installed it on:

Joomla 2.5.1
Rockettheme Template "Paradox v1.6.1", with "Gantry 3.2.15" and "K2 2.5.4"
I used the browser "Safari 5.1.2" and tried also the latest "Chrome"

I am not able to:
1. save the changes (within the component)
After I read some comments in the forum, I disabled the Editor "codemirror" and after that at least the button "save and close" (Speichern und schliessen) worked, so that I became the confirmation message that it was saved (anyway, it did not close - so there is a bug.

anyway, what I really wanted to do is, change and save the Language in German, but I am still not able to

2. change the language
in the component ("translation") - there is a drop down menu "select language" with 3 options: "en-GB", "de-DE" and "override". I choosed "de-DE" but nothing happened. The system gives me an "saved", but when I return to the menu "Translation" it is still,or again set to "en-GB".

I tried to find the language file via ftp on the server in the folder: " /components/com_jdonation/views ", but there is´nt any language file to look at or to make changes ...

3. conflicts with other modules
At least I had to disable your component, modules and plugins, because there was a conflict with another module which "destroyed" the layout of the start page ...

After hours of searching in the forum, retrying and so on, I am really frustrated. I payed for it, and I think this is not acceptable.

If you don´t see a quick solution for the problems I have, I like to have my money back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #13850 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Saving not possible + Translation + Conflicts ...
Hi

I replied you via support ticket. Here is my response in case other users look at this post :

Hi Jürgen

1. Regarding the issue with CodeMirror editor, I will check it soon. Right now, please use TinyMCE editor instead of using CodeMirror and it will work. I will have it working with CodeMirror Editor in less than one week from now.

2. The language file is located in language/en-GB/en-GB.com_jdonation.ini. If you want to translate it to German, please make a copy of that file, rename it to de-DE.com_jdonation.ini, then translate it, and upload the file to language/de-DE folder of your site.

3. Please give me more information. The extension doesn't have special javascript code or css, so it should not destroy anything. Maybe you can send me images (one when the extension is activated and one it is not activated) and tell me the differece and I will check it.

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #13908 by jw64
admin wrote:

Hi

I replied you via support ticket. Here is my response in case other users look at this post :

Hi Jürgen

1. Regarding the issue with CodeMirror editor, I will check it soon. Right now, please use TinyMCE editor instead of using CodeMirror and it will work. I will have it working with CodeMirror Editor in less than one week from now.

thank you. It is working now!

2. The language file is located in language/en-GB/en-GB.com_jdonation.ini. If you want to translate it to German, please make a copy of that file, rename it to de-DE.com_jdonation.ini, then translate it, and upload the file to language/de-DE folder of your site.

I translated it and it is working fine. However, since I plan to use JoomFish and run my site in two languages (german and english) I wonder, if the translation will switch automatically. The messages, which I can translate in "Jooma Donation | Configuration | Messages " will not change for shure - how can I resolve this prolbem?

3. Please give me more information. The extension doesn't have special javascript code or css, so it should not destroy anything. Maybe you can send me images (one when the extension is activated and one it is not activated) and tell me the differece and I will check it.

it is the plugin "Donation Form Plugin" which causes the conflicts. If I enable your plugin, the module "Fading content ( extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-di...play/newsflash/11048 ) displays code in the frontend. I will try to upload images to show the effect

Regards,

Tuan

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by jw64.

More
12 years 2 months ago #13922 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Saving not possible + Translation + Conflicts ...
Hi

1. Regarding issue #2, if you want to translate the messages via Joomfish, you will need to use Joomfish content element for Joom Donation. You can get it here :

joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_ku...atid=10&id=7173#8327

2. Regarding the issue with conflict between the donation form plugin and the plugin you mentioned, please send me FTP account of your site so that I can check that plugin and fix it !

Tuan

More
12 years 2 months ago #14024 by jw64
admin wrote:

Hi

1. Regarding issue #2, if you want to translate the messages via Joomfish, you will need to use Joomfish content element for Joom Donation. You can get it here :

joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_ku...atid=10&id=7173#8327

2. Regarding the issue with conflict between the donation form plugin and the plugin you mentioned, please send me FTP account of your site so that I can check that plugin and fix it !

Tuan

Hi Tuan,

thank you very much for your quick support!
The problem with the plugin-conflict was solved, when I updated the plugin.

Joomfish is not yet available for Joomla 2.5 - so I have to wait for it.

Thanks again for your help and for the component "JoomDonation" - it works fine - we got the first donations :) .... perfect!!!!

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt