Currency Selection- Anyone using it?

• fader8
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #13507 by fader8
Currency Selection- Anyone using it? was created by fader8
Hi,
Hopefully one of you intrepid users can explain to me how the currency selection works. I've enabled it and it does provide a dropdown of currencies, but changing to a different one does not change the amount or the currency symbol. So I'm assuming this means that it's using the default currency I chose in the back end and that Paypal will convert that to the selected currency? If that's how it works, that's OK as long as my users know that, but they don't.

Let me put this another way. If my default currency is US Dollars and a user enters 200, then selects Japanese Yen as a currency, what are they donating? 200 yen or 200 dollars?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #13554 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Currency Selection- Anyone using it?
Hi

The currency selection feature only allows users to choose the currency they want for their donation (it will override the default currency setting in the extension). So if they enter 200 and choose Japanese Yen, when they are redirected to Paypal, they will donate for you 200 Japanese Yen, not 200 USD .

Hope my explanation is clear to you !

Regards,

Tuan

• fader8
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #13591 by fader8
Replied by fader8 on topic Re: Currency Selection- Anyone using it?
admin wrote:

Hope my explanation is clear to you !

Indeed it is, Tuan, thanks. Unfortunately while it's fine that you and I know that, my users don't. The currency symbol next to the amount field doesn't change, so if my default currency is US dollars, the symbol will be a dollar sign. They will still enter US dollar amounts because it doesn't change to a yen sign. That could be a nightmare if the user isn't paying close enough attention during the Paypal process.

I'll have to disable your currency selection and just let Paypal handle that part.

More
12 years 1 month ago #14549 by gix
I have the same problem. Has this been fixed?
Another problem will be on the email notification to users that only display the amount, not the currency.
Will there be any solution to this?

Thanks,
gix

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt