'Process Donation' Button not working

• rwbrowne
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #12855 by rwbrowne
'Process Donation' Button not working was created by rwbrowne
Hello,

I would like to report a problem with this plugin on a site that I am responsible for managing.

It seems that whenever I click on the 'Process Donation' Button, I am not redirected to Paypal - only to a blank page.

I have tried checking the 'Fix donate button not working' Checkbox in the Configuration of the extension, this fixed the issue temporarily.

Below are the server details according to Joomla, and the URL of the site.

PHP Built on: Linux web146.extendcp.co.uk 2.6.32-131.21.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Nov 11 11:50:54 EST 2011 x86_64
Database Version: 5.1.57-log
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.17
Web Server: Apache/2
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.20 Stable [ senu takaa ] 18-July-2010 18:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/16.0.912.63 Safari/535.7

URL: caritassalford.org.uk/donate-online

I also have some output from the php Error log available on request. ( I can't pot this on the forum otherwise the post will be flagged as spam)

Many thanks for your help

Regards
Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #12866 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: 'Process Donation' Button not working
Hi Robert

It seems something strange happens on your site. Can you please submit a support ticket giving me administrator account of the site so that I can check it ?

Regards,

Tuan

• Orchard White Creative
More
12 years 3 months ago #13260 by Orchard White Creative
Replied by Orchard White Creative on topic Re: 'Process Donation' Button not working
We are having the exact same problem and it is only happening when someone tries to make a donation AND register a username/password on the website at the same time. If the user is already logged in or if the user doesn't register an account, they will be redirected properly.

We are having this issue on our website, which is www.tsdowntown.com/contact-us/donate-online

I will also submit a support ticket for this issue and will include administrator and hosting control panel access.

More
12 years 3 months ago #13317 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I checked and replied you via support ticket system. Could you please check and confirm ?

Tuan

• Orchard White Creative
More
12 years 3 months ago #13332 by Orchard White Creative
Replied by Orchard White Creative on topic Re: 'Process Donation' Button not working
Yes, you stated that the functionality of registering a new account and making a donation at the same time is not supported currently with Joomla 1.7. Is this still the case? Do you know what it is going to take for us to be able to use this functionality? We planned to provide this functionality so my client is expecting that and isn't okay with just disabling it. Do you have a solution or a timeline on when this functionality will be functioning with Joomla 1.7?

More
12 years 3 months ago #13347 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Please give me less than one month to do that !

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #15079 by simonl
Replied by simonl on topic Re: 'Process Donation' Button not working
Is this now a supported feature (i.e. create CB user and donate simultaneously)? We get a blank page when we try and integrate JD with CB and process a donation as a new user.

orchardwhite wrote:

Yes, you stated that the functionality of registering a new account and making a donation at the same time is not supported currently with Joomla 1.7. Is this still the case? Do you know what it is going to take for us to be able to use this functionality? We planned to provide this functionality so my client is expecting that and isn't okay with just disabling it. Do you have a solution or a timeline on when this functionality will be functioning with Joomla 1.7?

More
12 years 1 week ago #15186 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

This feature is available (I just added it into the extension this morning) . Please login to your account, access to Customers Area -> Orders History menu item to download latest version and upgrade it to your site. After that, it will work as expected (for Joomla 1.6/1.7/2.5) .

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 1 week ago #15192 by simonl
Replied by simonl on topic Re: 'Process Donation' Button not working
I tested and it now creates a CB user. Very nice and thank you for your efforts.

One observation which is a bit limiting is that the CB user is not enabled (they are blocked from logging in). In my CB configuration I have set the options to NOT require email or admin approval so the user should be enabled. Is there another setting that I need to make?

Thanks!

More
12 years 1 week ago #15194 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Please go to Site -> Users manager, click on the Options button in the toolbar, then find the config option New User Account Activation, set it to None. After that, test it again and it should work .

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt