different prices for adults and children

• webnicole
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #8943 by webnicole
different prices for adults and children was created by webnicole
Hi,

I am looking for an easy way to have different prices for the same event and I was wondering if there is a solution for this? I have been reading several forum posts but couldn't find a solution that would work for me.

I use event booking for a site that offers day tours / excursions and I would like to have options for adult prices and prices for children so the clients just enter the amount of adults / children and the price is calculated on the fly.

I really like this extension and I hope that there is another solution to this than using custom fee fields as I cannot get it to work and if I understand it right there is no calculation on the fly.

I would like to have some solution that makes it really simple for clients to register families for tours.

Are there plans to offer different price options for events in future releases? What would be the best approach right now?

Thanks a lot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8948 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: different prices for adults and children
Hi

The right approach now is using custom fee field feature. Below is the instructions :

1. Set event price to 0 .

2. Create a custom fee field called eb_number_adults to allow registrants to enter number of adults they want to register. In the fee formular, enter [FIELD_VALUE]*20 (suppose the price for each adult is 20 - you can change it to the actual price) .

3. Create a custom fee field called eb_number_children to allow entering number of children. In the fee formular, enter [FIELD_VALUE]*15 (suppose the price for each child is 15 - you can change it to the actual price) .

The above approach is the simplest way and It meets your need. Please try that and let me know the result !

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gideon Larionov

• webnicole
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #9006 by webnicole
Replied by webnicole on topic Re: different prices for adults and children
Hi Tuan,

first of all thank you very much for your help and your patience! :)

I think I can work with this. I disabled "multiple booking" and set "Show price for free event" to "no" and it works really nice now. I´m still playing with different options but I must say I really like event booking!

Thanks a lot for this great extension :) :) :)

Best regards
webnicole

More
12 years 10 months ago #9007 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You can even make it better by showing adult and children price in event page using custom fields . See this forum post for instruction :

joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_ku...iew&catid=62&id=8959

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilles Salmon, Marcus Tan

More
12 years 1 month ago #13570 by icandy
Replied by icandy on topic Different prices for event
Hi there,

I have an event that is a fitness class offered on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays. I have successfully set it up as a recurring event but am having trouble figuring out how to set up the price. I want the price option to be $95 for 1 class/week, $150 for 2 classes per week and $200 for 3 classes/ week....

How do I set this up?

Thanks!

Melissa Pearson

More
12 years 1 month ago #14025 by sandstorm871
Replied by sandstorm871 on topic Re: different prices for adults and children
admin wrote:

Hi

The right approach now is using custom fee field feature. Below is the instructions :

1. Set event price to 0 .

2. Create a custom fee field called eb_number_adults to allow registrants to enter number of adults they want to register. In the fee formular, enter [FIELD_VALUE]*20 (suppose the price for each adult is 20 - you can change it to the actual price) .

3. Create a custom fee field called eb_number_children to allow entering number of children. In the fee formular, enter [FIELD_VALUE]*15 (suppose the price for each child is 15 - you can change it to the actual price) .

The above approach is the simplest way and It meets your need. Please try that and let me know the result !

Regards,

Tuan

Hi Tuan,

This looks great and will apply it into my site this afternoon.

But is there a formula you can advise on for a family ticket, where if you select one of these tickets you pay the family price, but registers that you have 4 places for the event.

So guessing same again, cistom field with eb_number_family [FIELD_VALUE]*50 , but how do I set this to book 4 tickets.

Andy

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

More
12 years 1 month ago #14029 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Andy

Basically, this solution doesn't update the total registrants. it is working as an Individual Registration, so it is counted as one member. If you want it to update number of registrants, we will need to customize the extension, maybe a plugin. Please see my response in support ticket for more detail !

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #14492 by ibr
Well I think I need the same thing....

we have administrations costs per tickets....so if someone wants to get 5 tickets I need to add 5* 1,50 per ticket.... after 8 tickets we do not count any admin cost...

Is there already a sollution....hope so...
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by ibr.

More
12 years 1 week ago #14500 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

we have administrations costs per tickets....so if someone wants to get 5 tickets I need to add 5* 1,50 per ticket.... after 8 tickets we do not count any admin cost...

=> Unfortunately, there is no solution for this kind of need yet.

Regards,

Tuan

More
11 years 8 months ago #17328 by Brett Thayre
Replied by Brett Thayre on topic Re: different prices for adults and children
I am trying to set up the same type of event.

I have been trying to follow these threads and the online documentation.

I am able to get my checkboxes to pull up but there seems to be no pricing (free event) and there is never a credit card field.

Attached is a screen grab of what I tried.
Attachments:

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc