Custom fields in table with repeat event detail page

More
1 month 22 hours ago #165765 by Job
Hi Tuan,

In our Event Bookings we have one page that combines all repeatable events. I use the Custom Event Detail URL to redirect every child to the parent page. On the parent page I have a table on the right (on mobile that moves below the description) and I miss some information that is placed in the custom fields.
On a regular event detail page, these custom fields are shown, but here in the combined table it doesn't. How can I make the custom fields show in the combine table.
I added two images, one with the event overview, where the custom fields are missing and one with the event detail page, where the custom fields are shown which I like to have on my overview page.

How can I manage to get the custom fields on the overview page?

Kind regards, Job
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 20 hours ago #165775 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom fields in table with repeat event detail page
Hi Job

I don't think it is possible to display the custom fields on that table because there are not enough space there

Tuan

More
1 month 19 hours ago #165779 by Job
Hi Tuan,

Yes and no. Indeed in this format there is hardly any space, but I see that as a layout thing, not a technical element. See the image attached, thats the mobile layout where there is more space. I thought, as a second step, to change the layout more to this one. Or a more horizontal overview below the text.

If the layout is changed, can the custom fields then be added to this view?
kind regards, Job
Attachments:

More
1 month 18 hours ago #165788 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom fields in table with repeat event detail page
Hi Job

It still needs to customize code. The file you need to customize is components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/common/events_table_layout.php

In that file, you can use the syntax like below to display value of a custom fields:
Code:
echo $item->speaker_name; echo $item->number_hours;

speaker_name, number_hours in the code above is name of the custom field

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc