• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #86272 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking version 2.10.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Events Booking, version 2.10.0. This version contains really nice improvements which you don't want to miss:

1. Implement Joomla Update

After updating to this version of Events Booking, you can access to Download Ids menu item on our website to generate Download ID for your account and enter it into Download ID config option of Events Booking. From now on, Joomla will show you there is an update each time new version of Events Booking release. You can then update Events Booking to latest version from within backend of your site instead of having to download latest version from our site and update it manually.

2. Implement Discount Bundle options

You can now setup discount bundle rules (access to Events Booking, then Set up -> Discount Bundles) to give your registrants discount when they register for two or more events together. That will help encourage your registrants to register for your event

3. Improve Group registration process

Now, when your registrants make a group registration, they can populate data for one member (for example, for second member) from data of an member which he entered data before (for example first member). That would help saving time for performing the registration in case these members have many common data like address, city.....

4. Add support for importing/exporting events

You can now export your events into a CSV, XLS, XLSX file or import events data from a CSV, XLS, XLSX file into the system

5. Improve import/export feature

Before, you can only import/export coupons, registrants... data from / to a CSV file. From this new version, you can import / export data from XLS, XLSX file as well. It will help managing these data easier (especial when you have unicode characters in your data). You can go to Events Booking -> Configuration, change the Export Data Format config option to select the format you want.

6. Improve the Events Booking calendar

- Now, when your users access to the calendar in a month which doesn't have any events, Events Booking will scroll to the next month which has events data automatically
- In case there is no events in the future, Events Booking will display a warning message so that users will know that there are no future events and it will help saving their time for browsing the calendar (for nothing because there is no events in that calendar in the future)

7. Add more data to events layout (for developer only)

Sometime, you will have to customize the events layout (for example upcoming events layout) to display more information (the information which is not displayed by Events Booking by default), you can now access to more data than before:

- $event->categories will contain all categories which event is being assigned to
- $event->location will contain location data of that event

I don't think you want to miss these nice improvements, so please login, access to My Downloads menu item, download this latest version and upgrade it to your site

Thanks for continue using our products and support our development. Together, we will make the product better from time to time and we will both be happier :)

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian F, Mike, Fabio Nagano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #86327 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Events Booking version 2.10.0 released
Can't open events export xls file with MS Office 2007.
Error message: file or format extension is not valid.

More
7 years 7 months ago #86398 by Buzzy
Replied by Buzzy on topic Events Booking version 2.10.0 released
Not sure if this is to do with version 2.10 but a bit wary as now I have installed version 2.10.0 and then try to install another item I get the error message "Warning: No installation plugin has been enabled. At least one must be enabled to be able to use the installer. Go to the Plugin Manager to enable the plugins." and when I click the link it takes me to the plugins page with the Type set to Installer and all it shows is "Installer - Events Booking"

As I say, may not be related but seems a bit odd that the only one displaying now is the Event booking one!

More
7 years 7 months ago #86399 by Buzzy
Replied by Buzzy on topic Events Booking version 2.10.0 released
Oh, looks like it's a 3.6 thing as just found this article...
www.joomshaper.com/blog/joomla-3-6-no-in...nabled-how-to-fix-it

Sorry!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #86400 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.10.0 released
Yeah. I was about to reply you with instructions. Glad you found it

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #86809 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Today, I released version 2.10.1. This released fixes some minor issues in version 2.10.0 and some small improvements:

1. Improve newsletter integtegration: ACYMailing and Mailchimp plugin

- Give registrants a chance to choose whether they want to subscribe to the mailing lists. You can now create a checkboxes or radio custom field and add it to registration form of the event. Then in the newsletter plugin, you can select that field for Subscribe Newsletter Field parameter. When you do that, registrants will only be subscribed to newsletter if they choose to do so

- Add a new parameter called Add Group Members To Newsletter? to newsletter plugin. If set to Yes, group members will be subscribed to mailing lists as well (same as group billing person)

2. Add support for more tags in the email messages sending to group members in group registration

[GROUP_BILLING_FIRST_NAME],[GROUP_BILLING_LAST_NAME],[GROUP_BILLING_EMAIL],[REGISTRATION_DETAIL]

3. Add support for two new tags in the email sent to registrants to allow showing time of the event

[EVENT_DATE_TIME], [EVENT_END_DATE_TIME]

4. Add a new config option called Allow populate group member data to allow admin to enable/disable the option on group registration form which populate a group member form fields using other member data

5. Fix terms and conditions is not being showed for group registration in case event is free

6. Add a new class eb-featured-event to featured events to allow you to add custom css to apply different style to featured events if needed

If you want to use this new version, access to My Downloads menu item, download latest version and upgrade it to your site. If you have registered for Download ID and entered in Configuration of the extension, you can update to this latest version from backend of your site using Joomla update

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian F, Matt Hankosky, Billy Hicks, Leo Baker

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #87600 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Today, I released another minor version: Version 2.10.2. This version doesn't have any new features, It however implements mechanism to allow override every code in Events Booking and these override won't be lost when updating to new version (the same way with how template override works). From this version, we can:

1. Override any controller classes

2. Override any model classes

3. Override any view classes

4. Override some common used static methods such as send email methods, buildTags, export data, calculateRegistrationFee

I will documentation all possible override later, maybe on tomorrow.

This is very useful when we have to customize Events Booking to meet specific requirement from certain customers while providing support. It is useful for both our support team and for developers who has to customize Events Booking but still want to upgrade to future releases of the extension without having to worry about losing the customization

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fabiano, Brian F, James Riley, Billy Hicks

More
7 years 6 months ago #87662 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Events Booking version 2.10.0 released
:woohoo:
I've only been updating every few months because of the amount of time it takes to port over customizations made to non-overridable files every time I update... THIS IS HUGE!!!! Thanks Tuan!

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
7 years 6 months ago #87713 by Simon Shaw
Replied by Simon Shaw on topic Events Booking version 2.10.0 released
This sounds really useful as I've just implemented some code changes to most of the classes and methods mentioned
Do you have and ETA for the documentation?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago #87720 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I will try to have documentation ready today. Will inform you when it is completed

Tuan