Events Booking version 2.10.0 released

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #87733 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.10.0 released
Here is the link to quick documentation github.com/joomdonation/eventbooking-ove...lob/master/README.md which I just wrote. There is also code skeleton, too. Hope it is helpful

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Diego de Barro Franco e Souza Mello
More
7 years 7 months ago #87877 by Diego de Barro Franco e Souza Mello
Replied by Diego de Barro Franco e Souza Mello on topic Events Booking version 2.10.0 released
Hi Tuan,

I had to develop a payment plugin for a Brazilian payment gateway. To make the plugin work we had to change the code of the registration page and the group registration page. For this reason, I am using version 2.8.1.

Does this new override will allow me to upgrade EventBooking and keep using our custom payment?

Thanks,
Diego

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #87971 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Diego

If you just change code of the registration page (I think just change layout), then just move the modified files to html folder of your site template (follow Joomla template override) and you can update to future releases of the extension

See docs.joomla.org/How_to_override_the_outp...rom_the_Joomla!_core to understand how template override works and implement it for your Events Booking installation. You don't need version 2.10.x to implement this override

After implementing the override, you can update to latest version of Events Booking (2.10.2 for now)

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 7 months ago #88017 by Diego de Barro Franco e Souza Mello
Replied by Diego de Barro Franco e Souza Mello on topic Events Booking version 2.10.0 released
Hello Tuan,

This is the approach I am using, creating an override, the problem is that I am not changing the layout. Since I need to adapt the code to work with our Payment Gateway (PagSeguro from Brazil) I am afraid that I might loose any new features that become available in new releases of EventBooking.

Thanks,
Diego

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #88018 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Exactly what files in Events Booking core code you had to make the changes ? I will then tell you whether it is possible to use override for these files

Tuan

More
7 years 7 months ago #88019 by Diego de Barro Franco e Souza Mello
These are the two files I had to change in order to implement the integration with the Payment Gateway:

Code:
components/com_eventbooking/view/register/tmpl/default.php
Code:
components/com_eventbooking/view/register/tmpl/group_billing.php

I am attaching both for you too.

We created a new payment plugin, but in order to make it work, we needed to change the code on both registration pages.

Diego
Attachments:

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #88020 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
If it is just these two files, just use template override (move these files to html folder of your site template...) and you will be safe to update to future releases of Events Booking

Regards,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #88067 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Today, I made another minor release, version 2.10.3. This is another minor release without new features (sorry). In this version:

1. I improved the code of layouts/views in the extension. There are two main tasks;

- Removing all repeating code in the layout files, in case there are repeating code, I move it common layout instead. With that change, it is easier to maintain and in case you or I have to customize code, we will just have to modify in one file instead of modifying different files

- Some layout files have many lines of code in it and in case we have to customize, it is difficult to find the code we need to modify. For these files, I split it into smaller files. It helps easier to maintain and find necessary code to modify if needed

2. Fixed an issue with registration complete page might display information of previous registrant in case cache is enabled on your site.

3. Fixed issue with Only require for first member setting of the custom field in group registration (it doesn't work well for third member + in the group)

If you want to have these small fixes fixed, update your site to version 2.10.3. Otherwise, 2.10.2 will still work well

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian F, Billy Hicks

More
7 years 6 months ago #88319 by Tim Stöhr
Replied by Tim Stöhr on topic Events Booking version 2.10.0 released
Any news on documentationi? I have been waiting on this feature for ages as maintaining all my changes is a bummer...

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago #88320 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes, it was available. I posted the link earlier, here it is again github.com/joomdonation/eventbooking-ove...lob/master/README.md

Tuan