Site completely shut down showing fatal error

More
7 years 8 months ago #85199 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Site completely shut down showing fatal error
That's strange. Do you see any error?

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SOHO Prospecting
More
7 years 8 months ago #85211 by SOHO Prospecting
Replied by SOHO Prospecting on topic Site completely shut down showing fatal error
Sorry Tuan. My bad. It is working. Was my cache. Thank you!

Sandra

More
7 years 8 months ago #85233 by Judy Murphy
Replied by Judy Murphy on topic Site completely shut down showing fatal error
I am trying to make the corrections to my site. What about utilizing the 3.6.1 version of Joomla? Can I update to that version without a problem?

Thank you,
Judy

More
7 years 8 months ago #85250 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Site completely shut down showing fatal error
Hi Judy

If you are using Events Booking version 2.8.1, then it is safe to update your site to to Joomla 3.6.1. However, maybe you should wait for 3.6.2 as Joomla 3.6.1 has an issue with login in PHP 5.3 (if you running on a server with PHP 5.4+, you won't have to worry about this issue)

Tuan

More
7 years 8 months ago #85267 by paced
Just for reference my site had also gone complete blank (except for a date) on upgrading to Joomla 3.6.0. I discovered the issue with the component by trial and error, and upgrading from event Booking 2.4.1 to 2.4.8 worked a treat! :-) . So just posting here in case anyone else encounters a blank page situation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuan Pham Ngoc

More
7 years 7 months ago #87712 by m4rch
Hi,

I have same problem on one of my sites.

I have a Joomla 3.6.2 site and I have tried to install Event Booking version 1.6.3. Everything worked fine for back end but front-end displayed white screen with no error or warnings.

The only cure was to completely remove Event Booking component and plugins and site worked fine.

Will the router_2016-07-12 file fix this?

Regards,
Marc

More
7 years 7 months ago #87721 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Marc

That router file won't work as each Events Booking has it own router file. If you are using Joomla 3.6.2, you should purchase latest version of Events Booking to use instead of using that very old Events Booking version

If you could not afford to purchase, you can send me the file router.php file and I will modify it to make it compatible with Joomla 3.6.2

However, we must agree that if there are any other issues with that version of Events Booking and Joomla 3.6.2, you will need to solve it yourself

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 11 months ago #97904 by Claude Petitpas
Replied by Claude Petitpas on topic Site completely shut down showing fatal error
Hi, I'm doing some upgrades to a clients site who updated their joomla version (3.7.0) and I'm now getting the same errors mentioned above, site won't load at all. They purchased the software a few years back now and they are telling me that they don't have access to their account on your sight anymore. Is there anything that can be done to fix this without having to download a whole new version? The one made available to me is 1.6.2. Or will they have to buy a new version altogether now?

Thanks in advance

More
6 years 11 months ago #97911 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Claude

It causes by some changes in Joomla 3.6.0 API as mentioned in this thread. Also, recently, there are some changes in Joomla 3.7.0 causes the issues with the extension, too. So please ask them to purchase latest version and upgrade it to the site to get the issue sorted.

FYI, we provide free upgrade and support for one site for one year only, see www.joomdonation.com/terms-and-conditions.html for our terms and conditions

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc