IP adress of registrants

• Marco S.
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #82661 by Marco S.
IP adress of registrants was created by Marco S.
Hi!

is it somehow possible to find out a registrants IP adress (they had when they did their registration). It would be nice to have it in the backend, to identify people who do just some fake registrations.

Best

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #82663 by Dũng Nguyễn Việt
Replied by Dũng Nguyễn Việt on topic IP adress of registrants
Hello.
This feature, our extension still not support. Maybe we will update it on new release.
Thanks.

• Marco S.
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #82755 by Marco S.
Replied by Marco S. on topic IP adress of registrants
i'm really looking forward for such a feature, we now have big problems with such fake registrations :(

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 10 months ago #82805 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic IP adress of registrants
Hi Marco

I just implemented this feature. You can access to My Downloads menu item, download latest version, upgrade it to your site

From now on, when someone register for your event, the IP address will be recorded. To see this IP address, you can go to Events Booking -> Registrants, click on the record to edit and see the information

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marco S.

• Marco S.
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #82806 by Marco S.
Replied by Marco S. on topic IP adress of registrants
Guys, you are the best!!!! Big thanks! :) :) B)

More
7 years 9 months ago #83580 by Doug Wolf
Replied by Doug Wolf on topic IP adress of registrants
I am having a similar issue with fake registrations. I purchased Event Booking on the date of your post. According to the Dashboard I have the latest version (2.7.0). But, I don't see the registrants IP address in the record. Do I need to do something to enable it?

On a related note, I enabled CAPTCHA - reCAPTCHA version 2.0. That solved the problem of fake registrations. However, now when you click on the Invite Friend button the pop up screen is asking for a Verification Code, but there's nothing there - no captcha or any box to enter information. I checked, and turning off CAPTCHA removes that.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #83587 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Doug

You should see the IP when click on details of the registration record. However, you should still enable captcha to prevent spam registration

In case it doesn't work on invite friend, there must be some javascript conflict. Please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account, we are going to check and solve it for you

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 8 months ago #85697 by Buzzy
Replied by Buzzy on topic IP adress of registrants
Same here, I have version 2.7.0 but don't see the IP address in the registration information when I click to edit it?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 8 months ago #85731 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

IP address should be displayed like this drive.google.com/file/d/0B2RoJ_24efMQZlB...2M/view?usp=drivesdk . I don't remember when it was added to the extension but please note that that it will only displayed if the data is stored. So if you check and old registration record, the user ip won't be available, thus it won't be displayed

I think you should try to register now, and then check the new registration record. If the information is not there, then please update your site to latest version of Events Booking (2.9.1) and the information will be available

Tuan

More
7 years 7 months ago #86405 by Buzzy
Replied by Buzzy on topic IP adress of registrants
Thanks, does now record it but it doesn't get included in the export (I'm using version 2.10.0) ?

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc