• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #82015 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking version 2.6.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Events Booking, version 2.6.0. Below are the list of improvements in this version:

1. Added a new plugin called "Eventbooking - Additional Dates".

This plugin allows you to add more dates to an existing events. Basically, it works in the same way with recurring events, the only difference is that the dates must be entered manually. If you have an event with different dates, that will help saving your time (you won't have to use Save As copy button to create new event, just add additional dates to that event via the plugin)

2. Improve coupon code feature. Now, when you add a new coupon code, you can specify additional settings:

- Apply To: Choose whether the discount will be applied to all members in the group (multiple with number of registrants) or just applied one time (discount is only applied one time)
- Enable For: Choose whether the coupon can be used for Individual Registration, Group Registration or Both
-User : Select the user you want to allow using this coupon. If you select a user, only that user is allowed to use that coupon code

3. Custom Fee Fields improvement

Now, you can use two additional tags while creating fee formula for fee field. The two new tags are [NUMBER_REGISTRANTS], [INDIVIDUAL_PRICE]

4. Improve frontend event submission

Now, when user submit event from frontend, if they want to add new location, just press Add New Location button and there will be a popup allows adding new location. You won't have to create a separate menu item to allow users add new location anymore, that makes frontend event submission easier

5. Improve CB integration

We now added a new config option to allow using CB API for storing users account if users register for an account while registering for the event. It is helpful if you are using Community Builder on your site

6. Improve upcoming events module

We add a new parameter to the module to allow showing thumbnail of the event in the module.

7. Allow passing more data to payment gateway

By default, when the registration is passed to payment gateway, the title of the payment is Event [EVENT_TITLE] registration
. We now allow you to use additional tags to the language item such as [FIRST_NAME], [LAST_NAME], [REGISTRANT_ID] so that you can pass more information to the payment gateway if needed

8. Some minor improvements

- Showing payment method in CSV export
- Add a new config option to allow hiring capacity of the event if it is unlimited (right now, the system will display Unlimited)
- Improve Google Map module performance

If you want to use these new improvements, please download this latest version from My Downloads section to upgrade it to your site.

Thanks for using our product and continue supporting our development. I will continue working hard to improve the extension to make it better from time to time

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian F, James Riley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #82026 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Events Booking version 2.6.0 released

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: 2. Improve coupon code feature. Now, when you add a new coupon code, you can specify additional settings:

- Apply To: Choose whether the discount will be applied to all members in the group (multiple with number of registrants) or just applied one time (discount is only applied one time)
- Enable For: Choose whether the coupon can be used for Individual Registration, Group Registration or Both
-User : Select the user you want to allow using this coupon. If you select a user, only that user is allowed to use that coupon code

All great additions -- I think this is the one I'm most excited about :)
Just to renew my previous request: Can we get this member (all or once) and Individual / Group / Both functionality applied to early / late fees as well?

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #82027 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.6.0 released
Should it be config options and be applied for all events? Making the setting per event might make the event has too many settings and complicated?

Tuan

More
7 years 11 months ago #82028 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Events Booking version 2.6.0 released
I know I would need it at a per event level because some of my events need the early fees to apply to all registrations, while other events need to have earlybird apply to individuals but not groups.

Until we discontinued one retreat series a few months ago, I even needed different earlybird rates for indiv and group (I had to manually modify event pricing to compensate after the earlybird deadline)... but we are no longer offering that retreat, so that's a non-issue now.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #82031 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK James. Do you have any experience with generate PDF tickets for registration? Do you know any good ticket layout which we can use as default ticket layout?

Want to adding support for generating Ticket PDF + QR code in the ticket. Seems it is better for checkin registrants

Tuan

More
7 years 11 months ago #82032 by Donal
Replied by Donal on topic Events Booking version 2.6.0 released

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: 1. Added a new plugin called "Eventbooking - Additional Dates".

This plugin allows you to add more dates to an existing events. Basically, it works in the same way with recurring events, the only difference is that the dates must be entered manually. If you have an event with different dates, that will help saving your time (you won't have to use Save As copy button to create new event, just add additional dates to that event via the plugin)

Some great updates on this release. I actually came to the forum to request the coupon implementation be fixed with regards group bookings.

I'm not clear about the implementation of point 1 above. My client runs weekly clubs and customers need to sign up for a full term. Customers can sign up in the middle of the term, so capacity and number of registrants must be remembered, but pay a little less and the description says x clubs remaining. Previously, I needed to go into each event and simply change the date, update the description and reduce the cost. If I understand correctly, the new functionality you describe above will replace the need for me to manually update the event each week. Am I right?

Also, I am still using 2.0.4. I know you have made changes to the payment functionality. Should it be a straight-forward upgrade to 2.6.0, as we are in the middle of a very busy booking cycle? I use Stripe and Paypal payment gateways.

Keep you the good work.
Regards,
D

More
7 years 11 months ago #82039 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Events Booking version 2.6.0 released
You just looking for an example of a ticket from alternative systems?
If so - I happen to have been at an event today that was ticketed and I could send you its PDF (if I still have email!)

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #82056 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
The question is how you will check if a user is a valid registrant? They should bring ticket to event, correct? I think the ticket should contains some information like Event Name, Event Date - Time, Name of registrant and QR Code...

I just look for a sample ticket layout to use as default ticket layout, then if you want, you can change it to meet your own need (the same way with PDF invoice)

Tuan

More
7 years 11 months ago #82073 by Carst Komdeur
Replied by Carst Komdeur on topic Events Booking version 2.6.0 released
HI Tuan

7. Allow passing more data to payment gateway. Does this work for Mollie as well? And where I can set these tags?

Regards, Carst

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #82074 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It works with all payment gateway. Go to Events Booking -> Translation, find the language item EB_EVENT_REGISTRATION

By default, it is set to [EVENT_TITLE] event registration

You can change that language item, add one of the supported tags which I mentioned and the data will be passed to the payment gateway (including Mollie)

Tuan