Events Booking version 2.6.0 released

More
7 years 11 months ago #82078 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Events Booking version 2.6.0 released
OK I just submitted a ticket on support with an example ticket for an event I recently attended (its a real ticket so I didn't want to post it here in public) hope this makes sense.

On the fields to payment gateway thing - can we pass an email address to the gateway. Its quite normal for gateway's to send their own receipt as well as mine. (Mine may go to spam, theirs may not)...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #82202 by Buzzy
Replied by Buzzy on topic Events Booking version 2.6.0 released
I'm on Version 2.4.3 and it's showing "Event Booking 2.5.0 Update now!" message so I'm not sure if that means I need to update to that version and then update again to 2.6.0 or will it work to update direct from 2.4.3 to 2.6?

I'm keen to get on to 2.6 as lot's of extra things I've been waiting a while for!

More
7 years 11 months ago #82309 by Stephan Hodges
Replied by Stephan Hodges on topic Events Booking version 2.6.0 released
Why doesn't the "Checking for Update" in the dashboard show this update? I have 2.5.0 and it says "Up to date".

Could you please always always reply on the "Event Booking Change Logs" topic for every update? Just a note saying there's an update?

That's the only way to get email notification of changes, by subscribing to a forum topic. But, you always issue a new topic for each release (which is fine, but not sufficient).

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #82379 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.6.0 released
Actually, it was my intentional. Usually, when I release new version, I won't update the update server with new version information immediately because I am worry that new version might contains few small bugs. So I want to wait for about one week or so to see whether any issues found and fix it before updating download server with new version information

Sorry for the confusing

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 8 months ago #86238 by Donal
Replied by Donal on topic Events Booking version 2.6.0 released

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Dear customers
2. Improve coupon code feature. Now, when you add a new coupon code, you can specify additional settings:

- Apply To: Choose whether the discount will be applied to all members in the group (multiple with number of registrants) or just applied one time (discount is only applied one time)
- Enable For: Choose whether the coupon can be used for Individual Registration, Group Registration or Both
-User : Select the user you want to allow using this coupon. If you select a user, only that user is allowed to use that coupon code
Tuan

Hi Tuan,

the above worked perfectly before for me. However, I have enabled the cart now and I also collect group registration.

I lost the options you mentioned above when I enabled the cart.

The current behaviour with cart and group details is...
If multiple kids book into the same event, the discount is applied correctly for me, i.e. once for the transaction.
If the booking is made up of 2 events, the discount is not applied correctly, i.e. it is applied to each registrant, which is not what I need.

I really need the coupon to only apply the coupon code once per transaction, regardless of how what was in the basket to make the transaction, or enable the options as without the cart.

Thanks,
Donal

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 8 months ago #86278 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Donal

The feature was original implemented to only support standard group registration, not for "group registration in shopping cart" mode yet

I am not sure if we can apply it to shopping cart mode as it is quite hard. Plus I think in the next two weeks, I won't have time to work on Events Booking - will switch to work to improve my other extension Membership Pro after releasing version 2.10.0 of Events Booking today

So for this item, if I can implement support for it, you would have to wait for at least 4 weeks from today

Tuan

More
7 years 8 months ago #86306 by Donal
Hi Tuan,
4 weeks will be ok. It is important though that the coupon codes work consistently in Event Booking.
Regards,
D

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 8 months ago #86307 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Donal

Please don't take it as my promise as at this time, I even unsure that we can implement it (as it is complicated for shopping cart mode).

So to be more clear, I might be able to implement it but I could not promise 100%. In case it is too complicated, I might have to give up and spend time working on other features

Tuan

More
7 years 8 months ago #86312 by Donal
Ok,
that's a bit of a pity as it seems to be a bug in the shopping cart implementation.
What file applies the coupon code when the shopping cart is enabled?
D

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 8 months ago #86313 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Donal

The file which is used to calculate discount is components/com_eventbooking/helper/helper.php. The method is calculateCartRegistrationFee

Please try to look at it to see whether you can customize/fix this issue? If you want to store the data into database, too, then you might want to look at components/com_eventbooking/model/cart.php, method processCheckout

Tuan