Removing the User name and email fields?

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69944 by RH
I know it sounds strange but I would like to get rid of the User name and email fields in the registration forms. Currently those fields are automatically added back even if I remove them from the category of my events (custom fields are configured to be associated with the categories).

The reason I'm trying to do this is because we are running a custom written payment backed and we need to collect ONLY the card number for the registration. The payment module pulls the needed data from a 3rd party database and puts the name and email into the registration database so the users unnecessarily enter those data as it will be overwritten anyway.

Is there a tip how to disable the functionality that forcibly assigns this two fields to the All Category?
Rudolf
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by RH.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 6 months ago #69961 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Removing the User name and email fields?
Hi Rudolf

Unfortunately, it is not possible. The extension has two required fields and it could not be removed:

1. First Name : Having this field allow accessing to details of registration record from backend

2. Email : The system needs this field so that it can send confirmation email to registrants when they register for your events

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 6 months ago #69971 by RH
Thanks for the answer. I know that these two fields are *technically* required. As I said, I have written a special payment backend which pulls both the name and the email from an external database (based on the card number) and provides this to the plugin. It inserts these data into the registration entry so by the time the email is sent out the system already has the proper email.

Currently the user have to fill out two fields but whatever he writes in those fields will be overwritten immediately by the payment backend. I can see the reason why you force those fields (would generate unnecessary errors for careless users):).

I can disable this functions in the code myself. Could you give give me a pointer where to look for the code which actually inserts the "All categories" association unconditionally?
Thanks a lot,
Rudolf

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 6 months ago #70011 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

I can disable this functions in the code myself. Could you give give me a pointer where to look for the code which actually inserts the "All categories" association unconditionally?

=> I don't really understand this question. Could you please explain more details about what you are trying to do so that I can understand and guide you?

Tuan

More
8 years 6 months ago #70047 by RH
I want to disable the code which unconditionally puts "All categories" in the Categories field on the page /administrator/index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=field when I'm editing the "first name " or "email" fields. (These two fields are handled specially as you have suggested previously and whatever I set in the Category, I always get "All categories")

More
8 years 6 months ago #70051 by RH
Never mind :) . In the meantime I have figured out that the code I was looking for is in administrator/components/com_eventbooking/model/field.php

Patched the file and removed from the special handling of email and first_name field. Works like a charm with out special payment backend.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 6 months ago #70072 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK, great ! Glad to hear that you got it sorted. Remember to backup the file so that you can use it when upgrading to future releases (without having to redo it)

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 6 months ago #70101 by RH
Yes thanks. I'm doing that regularly when I change something.

More
8 years 6 months ago #70450 by Ralph Tuckwell
Replied by Ralph Tuckwell on topic Removing the User name and email fields?
I DO need the email field, but whenever the form is displayed, it comes up with an error:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it." class="inputbox validate[required,custom

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 6 months ago #70464 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ralph

That's a bug of Joomla core "Content - Email Cloaking" plugin. Go to Extensions -> Plugins Manager, move "EB Register Plugin" after "Content - Email Cloaking"

After that, the error should be fixed

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc