Change log for version 1.6.10

• Francisco Disilvestro
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #56664 by Francisco Disilvestro
Change log for version 1.6.10 was created by Francisco Disilvestro
Hi,

I see that Events Booking 1.6.10 has just been released. Is there any info on what is new?

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #56671 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Change log for version 1.6.10
Hi Francisco

1.6.10 is just a minor release :

1. It allows settings access level for payment plugin. It is useful in some cases, for example, you want public users to see all payment plugins, however only registered users can see offline payment plugin.

2. It improves the deposit payment feature for shopping cart. Now, when you choose deposit payment, you will see how much deposit amount you have to pay.

3. It also fixes some javascript conflict when 1.6.9 first released (in case users logged in when they register for the event, the email is pre-filled in and users might have to click on the submit button one or two times to complete registration)

4. Added a config option to show calendar legend on the Events Calendar page.

5. Some code quality improvement, make it easier to maintain and easier to add more features to the extension in the near future.

That's all about information about this release.

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc. Reason: Add new feature
The following user(s) said Thank You: Francisco Disilvestro, Cristi Damian, James Riley

More
9 years 2 months ago #56841 by Matia
Replied by Matia on topic Change log for version 1.6.10
Hello, I'm still on EventBooking 1.6.2. I'm wondering why types of changes were made between this version and the new 1.6.10 version. I made some custom changes to the component and do not want to spend the great deal of time updating and adding the same changes to the new version if the updated version only contains small changes. You also mentioned starting a changelog in a past forum post. Has this been done?

More
More
9 years 2 months ago #57517 by Matia
Thank you Tuan. Have there been any database changes since then? When I updated, my custom field id's changed in the database. This caused issues with some custom work I've done on another component. I was going to try to restore the original and update by just moving the files over through FTP so the DB changes don't occur, but I don't know if there are any that are needed.

More
9 years 2 months ago #57518 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Seems you upgrading from really old version of the extension, so the ID of the custom fields changed. ID of each custom field is increased by 14. Instead restoring it back, I think you should modify your custom work (changing custom field ID , increasing it by 14 should not be hard)

Tuan

More
9 years 2 months ago #57527 by Matia
Will do. It looks like the updated version is utilizing a lot of the functionality I had to custom code in. Thanks for the great update!

More
9 years 2 months ago #57549 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Matia. Hope you can update the custom work easily. Good luck.

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc