Taxes show the american way not the european way

• Tim Stöhr
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 3 months ago #56181 by Tim Stöhr
Hi
In america, the prices are always shown without the taxes applied. In europe, the prices are shown with taxes included. When I enable the tax system on the website, it shows me the price WITHOUT the taxes and then adds them when I am doing the checkout. Can I change it so that EB shows the taxation in the euopean way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 3 months ago #56210 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Taxes show the american way not the european way
Hi Tim

I am sorry. At the moment, Events Booking doesn't allow show price including tax. I will try to add a config option to allow this feature in the next release (1.7.0)

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 3 months ago #56473 by Karl Vieth
Replied by Karl Vieth on topic Taxes show the american way not the european way
Hi Guys,

I also really need this feature as I´m also based in Europe and this is making life very difficult for me i.e. regarding pricing etc.

thanks!

More
9 years 3 months ago #56474 by timber
I need it, too ... :-)
Looking forward to the next update...
Thanky you for this great extension!

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #56629 by Karl Vieth
Hi All,

Just to let you know that due to new EU laws and regulations now (valid from 01.01.2015), you will need to charge the VAT tax rate according to the country the person is booking from - it is called ´VAT Mini One Stop Shop ´ seriously that´s what it is called!

For example:
I am based in Germany
- my clients are mostly private clients
- if clients in Germany book the need to be charged 19% VAT
- if someone from Belgium books my event they MUST pay ME the VAT rate of their country!
- I have to register for a mini one stop shop with my local tax department - they then send the VAT charged to each respective country
- Which means Event bookings (and other OSsolutions extensions) need to allow people to set an individual VAT tax rate per country - i.e. when the user selects their country when checking out, then THEIR tax rate is taken and not a default rate.

Here are some links:
www.gov.uk/government/publications/vat-s...to-private-consumers
ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/resources/...tes/vat_rates_en.pdf

This is pretty serious and urgent as people who don´t comply may have to pay fines!!
I personally have been advised (by my lawyer) to not use event bookings until this has been implemented.

Just to let you guys know!

Karl
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Karl Vieth.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 3 months ago #56632 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Taxes show the american way not the european way
Hi Karl

I have this feature implemented for my other extensions (Membership Pro). Next week, I will start implement it for Events Booking.

It will need few days to one week to implement and testing this feature. Please wait for me

Tuan

More
9 years 3 months ago #56635 by timber
As it seems to me, this 'Mini One Stop Shop' is a specific regulation only for digital services, like WEB-BASED TRAINING SEMINARS, virtual classrooms a.s.o but NOT for "real old-fashioned" events where people meet physically, e.g. a concert or a convential seminar or workshop.
Is that right, Karl?

More
9 years 3 months ago #56641 by Karl Vieth
Hi Timber,

I also understand it as only for digital services - at least what one can read about it - and honestly think people are a bit confused as to what it really effects.

I will contact my tax advisor next week to shed some light on this and post his answer here.. I tend to agree with you, however, heard differently from my lawyer i.e. who is busy creating my website Terms.

Thanks,

Karl

More
9 years 1 month ago #58787 by Steve Vyse
Replied by Steve Vyse on topic Taxes show the american way not the european way

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hi Karl

I have this feature implemented for my other extensions (Membership Pro). Next week, I will start implement it for Events Booking.

It will need few days to one week to implement and testing this feature. Please wait for me

Tuan

Tuan is there any progress on this development?

Steve

• Tim Stöhr
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 1 month ago #59387 by Tim Stöhr
Replied by Tim Stöhr on topic Taxes show the american way not the european way
Hey Tuan I saw that you have brought out 1.7 Event booking but I still have no clue on how to do it that it shows the tax the european way...

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc