How to make table _eb_messages multilingual ?

• Leon Treff
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #38369 by Leon Treff
Hello,

using events_booking in a multilingual environment (English, French and German) works well for those keywords and texts that can be controlled by the Translation option. But the texts in table _eb_messages are only available in English. How to use this table in a multilingual environment?

I am using version 1.6.2

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Leo
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Leon Treff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #38399 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How to make table _eb_messages multilingual ?
Hi Leo

If your site is multilingual, I believe you will be able to translate the messages to different languages. Go to Events Booking -> Emails & Messages, look at translation tab and you should be able to do it. Could you please try ?

Tuan

• Leon Treff
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 5 months ago #38483 by Leon Treff
Replied by Leon Treff on topic Re: How to make table _eb_messages multilingual ?
Hello,

I succeeded in doing the translations, according to your recommendations. Thank you.

However, the language switching does not work correctly, when the default site language is different from English.

My situation:
I have 3 languages installed (English, French, German) for Site, Administrator and content.
The default administrator (back end) language is English.
The default site (front end) language is French.
If a front end user select German as his front end language, the messages are displayed in German. OK.
If he selects French, the the messages displayed are default texts in English from the installation. WRONG.
If he select English, then my new English translation texts are displayed. OK.

If I set English as default site language, then it works as expected.

Some hint where to add an additional check in the software will be appreciated very much.

Sincerely,
Leo

More
10 years 5 months ago #38501 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How to make table _eb_messages multilingual ?
Hi Leo

If you change the default language of your site before making the translation, you will need to re-do the translation. In the emails & messages page :

- The first tab will allows you to enter message for default language (French in your case).

- The additional tabs will allow you to translate the messages for other languages (not default one)

Could you please check and make sure your site is setting up exactly like that ?

Regards,

Tuan

• Leon Treff
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 5 months ago #38607 by Leon Treff
Replied by Leon Treff on topic Re: How to make table _eb_messages multilingual ?
Hello,

yes, your suggestion works well.

I just did not want to replace the default texts in the first step !

Thank you very much.
Leo

More
10 years 5 months ago #38629 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Thanks Leo for confirming !

Regards,

Tuan

More
10 years 2 months ago #41104 by Xavier
HI,

I tried under 3.1.5 and 3.2 JOOMLA version and this translation tab does not appear. I also tried in JOOMLA 2.5 and works.
But I need to translate this messages in a 3.2 JOOMLA site.

Thanks,

More
10 years 2 months ago #41133 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Xavier

There must be something on your Joomla 3.2 causes it doesn't work. Please submit a support ticket sending us admin and FTP account of your site. We will check and correct it for you.

Regards,

Tuan

More
10 years 2 months ago #41155 by Xavier
For now I installed in a local machine to try and learn how the component works. In a few days I will install in a online site. Then I will submit the ticket.

Thanks,

More
10 years 2 months ago #41188 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Xavier !

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc