• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 7 months ago #35659 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
[NEW FEATURE] Conditional custom fields was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi All

Today, I just added support for a new feature in Events Booking called Conditional Custom Fields. Basically, conditional custom fields mean when someone changes value of one field, other fields will be showed/hided on the form.

There are two types of fields in this case :

1. The first one is Master Fields : That are the fields which when someone changes the value of it (for example, select one option), the other fields which are depend on it will be showed/hided. In Events Booking a field which has the following types: CheckboxList, RadioList, Dropdown can be a Master Fields.

2. Dependency Fields: That are the fields which they are showed/hided when someone choose/select one option from Master field. All fields in Events Booking custom fields can be Dependency fields.

To create conditional custom fields (see a sample in the image below):

1. First, we will need to create master field. An example is a checkbox list custom field which has 3 values : PHP, HTML, CSS. When users choose PHP option, another textbox custom field called PHP version will be showed, When users choose HTML option, another textbox custom field called HTML version will be showed and so on..... For this master field, simply create it as normal checkboxlist custom field as usual.

2. Create dependecy custom fields, simply create it as normal custom field. In the bottom of screen, choose the master field which you created above. And on the next line, select the options which this field will be depended on. See screesnhot below :

3. Now when users access to registration form, they will see the master field by default. When users choose an option in that master field, the field which depend on that option will be showed....

If anyone needs this new feature and want to help me to test it, please let me know and I will send it to you !

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: unimento

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #35695 by rnomis
Replied by rnomis on topic Re: [NEW FEATURE] Conditional custom fields
hi Tuan,

i would love to test this out. It may help with a current issue I have with booking events.

regards

simon

Hi Tuan,
Is there any news on the new Conditional custom fields as I would like to work on this on Wednesday
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by rnomis. Reason: Update

More
10 years 7 months ago #35750 by Andy Young
Replied by Andy Young on topic Re: [NEW FEATURE] Conditional custom fields
Hi
How do I get the new feature ?
Thanks
Andy

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 7 months ago #35781 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: [NEW FEATURE] Conditional custom fields
Hi Andy

This feature is now available in version 1.6.2. So you can simply login to your account, access to My Downloads menu item, see your order, download latest version and upgrade it to your site in order to use it !

Tuan

More
10 years 7 months ago #35806 by rnomis
Hi Tuan,
Unless I am doing something wrong, the field mapping doesn't seem to be working in the new feature. Is it supposed to be working now or is this work in progress?

screenshot attached

Thanks

Simon
Attachments:

More
10 years 7 months ago #35873 by rnomis
I tested it out today and it seems to be working fine. I needed to pot the radio button near the top of the registration form so simply created it and went into phpMyAdmin and changed the order. Then I changed the Depend on field and now my form works fine!

If you can add the missing box for field mapping and add a re-order option for those who don't like going into the database then you will have a killer extension.

Thanks

Simon

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 7 months ago #35916 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Simon

Could you please explain more details ? You are saying that you don't see field mapping dropdown ? That's strange. could you please submit a support ticket giving me access to your site so that I can check and correct it for you ?

Tuan

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #35962 by John David
Replied by John David on topic Re: [NEW FEATURE] Conditional custom fields
I started to use this and it is excellent. I was wondering if you have experienced any situations where the field do not get refreshed the updated field are just added below them.

EX.

If Age 4 - 6 (pull down menu( is selected)
Then the checkboxes should read; A,B,C
Else the checkboxes should read D,E,F

Isolated it works, not if the person registering select age 4 - 6 by mistake, the checkbox reads A, B, C and then if the user changes the age to 7 - 9 the next line of checkboxes reads A,B,C but then the next line reads D,E,F.

Have you seen this?

info@tkd-events.com
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by John David.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 7 months ago #35982 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi John

I haven't seen it happens before. Could you please submit a support ticket sending me admin and FTP account of your site so that I can check and solve it for you ?

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc