Scraping URLs and Facebook Events to create event listings automatically?

• Matt Bechtold
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #165316 by Matt Bechtold
Tuan --

I am wanting to create a unified calendar for all live music events, theater events, etc within a specific city. But this is a monumental and thankless task to do manually. There's also no revenue in it, apart from a few advertisements that would also require effort to sell. But such a calendar would be a huge benefit to the artists and musicians that struggle with promoting their events on scattered event calendars, facebook events, etc. We have had a central calendar of all events in the past, but the people who maintained them quickly burned-out with all the manual data entry, with little to no profit to show for it.

I'm hoping the advent of AI and other data-gathering tech might let me automate as much of a calendar's event listing creation as possible. For example, if I know a certain venue's facebook page, and they're really good at posting their events on Facebook, or even their own website, would it be possible to scrape those URLs for event data and automatically generate the events, so that they only require manual confirmation, rather than manual data entry? In a few minutes, I could scan the entries the software has grabbed, and confirm that they're correct, and just hit a publish button?

Something like apify.com/apify/facebook-events-scraper might be the basis for such a method? Just wondering if this is something you feel you could offer as an add-on. I would be very surprised if I'm the only person who would pay for this ability, and further my love and loyalty to Events Booking. :)

Please consider it. It is my dream wish-list item.

Sincerely,
Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc