ACL for Categories

• Didier Pollez
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #164205 by Didier Pollez
ACL for Categories was created by Didier Pollez
Event Booking is a versatile and powerful tool, and the support is top notch.
But it is a real shame that you cannot assign access rights (ACL) to the categories. You can determine who can submit events, this is good, but insufficient.
I manage to let a user manage "his" events in the frontend. But that user cannot edit the events of the same category but created by another user.
If I give more rights, e.g., "Edit" or/and "Configure ACL & Options" then that user can also edit events from categories for which he does not even have rights "Submit Event Access Level".
It would make an already strong product even more powerful and fit well with standard Joomla, where ACL is typically something used at the category level.
I understand from Tuan that adding this would be a lot of work and that there is little demand for it. That is why this message: the more positive reactions, the stronger Tuan's motivation to add this, I hope :-)
Thanks,
Didier.
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Didier Pollez.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Bennett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164207 by Alan Bennett
Replied by Alan Bennett on topic ACL for Categories
I too have suffered in the same way that you have Didier.
Our organisation is subdivided into a number of groups. Each group is managed by small teams of people.
I have had to allow all members of these teams access to all categories of events which is not ideal and based on trust not tight controls.

I fully support your request.

Alan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Didier Pollez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc