Promised EB 3.0 Feedback

• marcelke
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #6732 by marcelke
Promised EB 3.0 Feedback was created by marcelke
Hello Tuan,
I promised to give you feedback this week about my experience with EB 3.0. First off all I must say that I am very pleased with it. It has a good developed with major improvements and remaining bugs are quickly resolved. So the things I would like to comment are small improvements that would make EB easier to use and a few possible bugs (not correct working functions). Here are my remarks. They are also based on my experience with DTRegister en Event Registration Pro and the selling of workshops and courses as events (the same ones more than once on a day and all over the year).
I did my best on explaining as well as possible. Pleas feel free to ask for more explanation when necessary.

The file and images that are mentioned are added. Even so this the complete threath including the images as a pdf.

I hope this will contribute to the development of EB.

1. The acymailing plugin.
In the frontend customers can’t make a choice yes or no to register on the newsletter. In the Netherland (could also be in other countries of Europe?) this is forbidden by law. Customers themself must check or uncheck an email subscription.

2. Payment status in the confirmation emails.
It would be nice if you can add the tag payment status in the confirmation emails.

3. Beside the event name also show date and start time in ‘Select event dropdowns’.
People who have events like workshops will have in many occasions the same workshop more than once. Like me, I have about 30 events of which some on the same day with all the same name ‘Healing’. Now when I go to the backend, Registrant management I see a dropdown Select event. In my case it show 30 time Healing and make it impossible to select the right event. This is disturbing when I want to add a registrant from the back-end.
This is also an issue in (custom) Field management and maybe on other places? I didn’t checked it everywhere yet.

4. Automatic update / installing / uninstalling.
After uninstalling EB and installing an upgrading you have to:
- ‘repair’ all the menu items again;
- Install and setup the custom payment gateways again, like idealmollie.
Uninstalling EB give the message: can’t delete the site map (the map com_eventbooking remains after uninstalling. You can’t install it again.
So an automatic update feature of components, modules and plugins like Acymailing and other components have would be very welcome.

5. Event location can be more explored.
- Create a menu item: location (name of the location), with the option to select one or more location or all.
- See point 6, using location in the view.

6. Select options in viewing events in the frontend.
It would be nice if in the table view (and maybe also other views) you can make a ‘select option’ of (including in the configuration show / not show?):
- Location (a select dropdown as used in the calendar view for month and year;
- Month and year (as now in the calendar view)
- Search option on name of the event (text input)
- Category.
This is like in DTRegister, see added picture called DT-Reg (only select location is new).

7. Category description in table view is not shown.
It only shows in the Category List view, not in the table view.

8. Switch registrant to a different event.
It happens that registrants asks to switch to a different event. Now you can only do this by deleting and adding the registrant again. It would be nice if you can switch a registrant to a different event.  

9. Showing of columns in table view.
I have made a new view for myself which I think other can benefit and it would be nice if this van be a new view or can be created by the show/don’t show columns in the configuration.
- Show location in the view (including in the configuration show / not show?) and make it a link with the map popup as in the event detail page.
- Show price (= standard price for one person) in the view (including in the configuration show / not show?)
- Delete the No (number) in the table view (we have discussed this before in the forum)
- Show a Book Now column (also see our discussion in ticket ID 642, 03DEC10).[/ol]
Here is a print screen, see attached picture called: my-tabelview.

I didn’t manage to make the location work with a link to the map popup as in the event detail page.
The column Book shows ‘Book’ or ‘We are no longer accept registration for this event’ The last one is shown when the event is full of the event date passes the cut-off date.
I added the file for those who are interested (NO SUPPORT, NOT TESTED FOR ALL POSSIBLE SETTINGS AND SITUATIONS. So only use if you have understanding of programming in php). It also needs three extra language fields: EB_BOOK=Book, EB_TABLEVIEW_PRICE=Price, EB_FULL=Full
 
10. More about the book now column.
As you have read before the column Book shows ‘We are no longer accept registration for this event’ when the event is full or the event date has passed the cut-of date. This is a long line of text to show in the table. Changing this text to Full does not solve this problem. So this is how I would like the Book column would like to work:
Show ‘Full’. When full. When you click on the event link or Book you get the message in the event detail page ‘We are no longer accept registration for this event ‘ (just as it work now).
Show ‘Book’. When not full and independent of the cut-off date. When you click on the event link or ‘Book’ you go to the event detail page and get the message ‘We are no longer accept registration for this event’ (Just as it work now). Otherwise it show ‘Book’ (also as it work just now). It also makes it possible to customize the text ‘We are no longer accept registration for this event’ better like ‘This event has past, we are no longer accept registration for this event’. [/ul]

This also makes the table view more clean.

11. Showing available places YES does not show.
Show Available does not seems to work in the table view (and maybe others views?). Whatever I set it does not show.

12. Selecting the Term and condition article.
You can only choose an article that are uncategorized. I already have a term and condition article in a section and category that I would like to use.
It would be nice if you can override the terms and condition article for events. Depending on the event they might be different.

13. Mass mail registrants
It would be nice to have a feature to send an e-mail to all people who have registered for a certain event (for example to inform them about changes in the event they need to know). See my ticket ID 616, 30NOV2010.

Attachment Feedback_EB_3.zip not found

Attachment my_tableview_php.zip not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by marcelke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• marcelke
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #6736 by marcelke
Replied by marcelke on topic Re: Promised EB 3.0 Feedback
Sorry,

Number 7. Category description in table view is not shown. This is not right. IT DOES WORK.

I don't know why it didn't. Guess I have done something wrong!

Regards,
Marcel

More
13 years 4 months ago #6747 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Promised EB 3.0 Feedback
Hi Marcel

Thanks for the list and suggestions . I will look at it and implement the necessary features in the next version .

Thanks,

Tuan

• marcelke
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #6758 by marcelke
Replied by marcelke on topic Re: Promised EB 3.0 Feedback
Hello Tuan,

I don't know you planning for the next release but would it be possible to make a patch for point 3? I have no idea if this means a lot of work for you?

3. Beside the event name also show date and start time in ‘Select event dropdowns’.
People who have events like workshops will have in many occasions the same workshop more than once. Like me, I have about 30 events of which some on the same day with all the same name ‘Healing’. Now when I go to the backend, Registrant management I see a dropdown Select event. In my case it show 30 time Healing and make it impossible to select the right event. This is disturbing when I want to add a registrant from the back-end.

Kind regards,
Marcel

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc