Cancellation

• John McCall
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #5821 by John McCall
Cancellation was created by John McCall
Is there any way for a registrant to cancel a registration? This is probably a major effort (unless it is available and I can't find it!) but seems to us to be a necessary function. It would need to send the same emails - a different message, of course.

In addition to individual cancellations we need a way to cancel an event and notify all participants. As an outdoor organization, we are subject to weather cancellations, often within 24 hours of the event.

An added feature that would be useful although not critical would be processing PayPal refunds if the event had a charge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5830 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Cancellation
Hi

Cancellation for free event can be implemented into the extension without any problems. However, cancellation for paid events cannot be implemented automatically because Paypal payment standard doesn't allow us to process refund automatically .

An approach for this problem is that for paid event, users can submit a cancellation for the registration. Admin check this cancellation, process refund manually and accept this cancellation .

Since there are other important features which I want to add to the extension at the moment, so I could not implement this feature right now. I will make a note and will implement this feature to the future version of the extension .

Thanks,

Tuan

• John McCall
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #5831 by John McCall
Replied by John McCall on topic Re: Cancellation
Thank you very much. Please note that I was "wishing" for two features. The first was a cancellation by the user. If this is not a "for free" event, staff can certainly do the refund. It would be useful if the auto email to staff that the person has cancelled boldly noted that there was a PayPal payment to be refunded.

The second feature was for staff to cancel the event and notify participants. I hope that can be part of the future also

More
13 years 5 months ago #5974 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Cancellation
Hi John

In the version 1.2.0 of the extension, the feature to allow registrants to cancel their registration are available (they can only cancel their registration before a certain date which admin setup).

The feature for staff to cancel the event and notify participants, I will think more about it and add it to next version of the extension .

Thanks,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc