PDF Certificates and Check Validation

• Fabio Nagano
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #85204 by Fabio Nagano
PDF Certificates and Check Validation was created by Fabio Nagano
Please Add a Option to Send PDF Certificates to members email, after the events end (that him/her made a checkin).
Could be implemented too a QR Code or any other code just to check if the certificate is valid.
Thanks a Lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #85234 by John David
Replied by John David on topic PDF Certificates and Check Validation
I like it ... I really like it ....

info@tkd-events.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Billy Hicks

More
7 years 8 months ago #85855 by Matt Hankosky
Replied by Matt Hankosky on topic PDF Certificates and Check Validation
I would like the ability to send a Certificate of attendance at the end of the event too..

• Nigel Hagger-Vaughan
More
7 years 6 months ago #88643 by Nigel Hagger-Vaughan
Replied by Nigel Hagger-Vaughan on topic PDF Certificates and Check Validation
Certificates of attendance would be a great feature if it can be made available; many organisations that are running conferences, training courses, etc. and using the Events Booking for their administration would appreciate this feature. At the moment I assume it can only really be achieved by exporting a CSV and using that as the basis of a mail merge, which then has to be split up and forwarded to the relevant attendees (please tell me if there is already easier way!). All of which is possible, but time-consuming and prone to errors and mishaps. A system which allowed either for the system administrator to generate and print/email the documents or the attendee to download his/her own certificate would be invaluable.

More
7 years 6 months ago #88872 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic PDF Certificates and Check Validation
Working on Certificates feature right now. We should have it ready in about 2 weeks

Could anyone give me a sample certificate (prefer nice certificate) so that I can use it as default certificate layout for new installation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 6 months ago #88889 by jkosick
Replied by jkosick on topic PDF Certificates and Check Validation
Will there be an option click a button or a box to send them the certificate after the course to ensure they have completed the course?

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #88891 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic PDF Certificates and Check Validation

Could anyone give me a sample certificate (prefer nice certificate) so that I can use it as default certificate layout for new installation?

Here are some examples of certificates that I've used before (not HTML based at this point).

Just a thought: Some customers may want a border, others may want to print on custom paper stock that already has a pre-printed border... Would it be worth having a template gallery with a few borders that people could select (however, there are different paper sizes in different part of the world... so we'd need to plan for at least the 2 most common Letter (8.5"x11" / 215.9x279.4mm) and A4 (8.3"x11.7 / 210x297mm") sizes for sure). I can provide a couple quick background images for these if you'd like.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by James Riley.

More
7 years 6 months ago #88999 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi ALL

I just updated download package with this feature. If you want to use it, download latest version from My Downloads section, upgrade it to your site (I won't release new version just for this feature - working on some other improvements, so it would be part of next release 2.11.0):

1. Go to Events Booking -> Configuration, you will see a new tab called Certificate Settings, adjust it to meet your need(include certificate layout)

2. When you add / edit event, you can choose to enable/disable/use global setting for activate certificate feature

3. If you want to have custom certificate layout for a specific event, enter the layout you want into Advanced settings tab of the event

4. When people register for the event, at the end of event (after event end date), they can login to his account, access to Registration History to download certificate

5.You can also change the email message send to users when they register for the event, add the tag [DOWNLOAD_CERTIFICATE_LINK] to the email. So when event is over, registrants can check his email, click on the link to download

6. No option to send certificate manually. However, as you can see, you can use resend emails function to resend the email which contains download certificate link

That's just basic implement for now. Please try to use it and in case something can be improved to make it easier for you, please suggest and I can consider improving it

If you can share the HTML code contains the layout which you are using, please post it here. That would be great. For now, the default layout just simple (sorry, I am not good at css / design enough to build a nice layout to provide with the extension)

I will continue working on other improvements and update you later

Regards

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Billy Hicks, Nigel Hagger-Vaughan, Zubaile Abdullah

More
7 years 6 months ago #89016 by jkosick
Replied by jkosick on topic PDF Certificates and Check Validation
I'm testing the html layout currently and will send it when I get something works well. I am pretty close. I am using a background water mark and signatures.

Can there be an admin option to batch print the certificates so they can be handed out the last day of the event? And also to enable or disable the cerificate per idividual?

So far this looks awsome

More
7 years 6 months ago #89021 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Certificate can be enabled/disabled for each event (see item #2 in the announcement above)

For batch print the certificates, I can implement a feature for generating a PDF file contains all certificate generated for selected registrants, but we will implement it abit later. Want to hear for feedback from others about this feature first. For now, the basic implementation is good enough to use (this batch feature can be available within next week, for now, I am working on some other improvements first)

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Billy Hicks, Zubaile Abdullah

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc