• Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 1 month ago #59134 by John David
Replied by John David on topic Convert Waiting List to Registrant
If you need me to test it ..... I'm in!

info@tkd-events.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #59137 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Convert Waiting List to Registrant
Hi

I completed change to the code. I am going to test the change myself today, then I will send it to you on tomorrow morning for testing. Thanks for willing to help. With the changes I made :

1. Waiting List users is now moved in to Registrants Management with status Waiting List. We don't have a separate function to manage waiting list users anymore

2. In the front-end, users want to join waiting list just process as normal registration. The only difference is that they don't have to make payment.

3. Right now, we have notification feature which when someone cancel registration, it will notify all users in waiting list. However, since we have no way for them to make payment for waiting list to become registrants automatically at the moment, maybe we should disable notification for now ?

4. So when someone cancel registration, admin will check and call one of the waiting lists users manually ask them whether they want to join. If they want, then ask them to make payment someone, then change status from Waiting List to paid so that they will be come registrants. Will that work ?

5. In the future release, I will make it possible for waiting list users to be able to make payment for their registration. But we will need to figure out how to notify each of them in separate email (so that the first user join waiting list will have more chance to join than the person join later)

6. So with the change I made for this version, it will just :

- Make it easier to manage waiting list users as they are now in Registrants Management

- If admin want to approve a waiting list users, it is easy as well. Just change status as I mentioned

There are still more improvements needed but this is a a first step and good progress

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: John David

• John David
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 1 month ago #59194 by John David
Replied by John David on topic Convert Waiting List to Registrant
Looks great. I would disable the notification on point #3. Otherwise looks great.

info@tkd-events.com

More
9 years 1 month ago #59913 by Melissa
Replied by Melissa on topic Convert Waiting List to Registrant
I'm testing my new set up on my site and what I don't understand is how do I get someone's payment when I switch them from "wait list" to "pending" if I *only* accept online payment? I understand that I have to contact them manually to advise them that a space has opened, but how do I get payment through Event Booking, or can I?

Thanks.
Melissa

More
9 years 1 month ago #59914 by siptec
Replied by siptec on topic Convert Waiting List to Registrant
The easiest method would be to allow the admin to control the notification, registration and payment. Admin would be notified of a registration opening on an event with a waiting list. They could then generate the invite email for payment, move the user to active registrant "pending payment" or "pending activation" on free event. The email notification should contain link to activate their registration pay or free. If the user doesn't respond or activate/pay, allow admin to deactivate registration and open up spot again.

More
9 years 1 month ago #59915 by Melissa
Replied by Melissa on topic Convert Waiting List to Registrant
I am the admin.
The problem I'm having isn't in understanding that an email has to be generated, but how to create a link through Events Booking for a person/group to then complete payment. I am using exclusively paypal to take payments - do I have to create an invoice or "request for money" through paypal in this situation then? I was hoping that it would be tied to the registration - but I guess there's no transaction ID or anything in the registration entry so it doesn't really matter. Just wondering if there was a way to do it THROUGH Events Booking, but I guess the short answer is no?

Melissa

More
9 years 1 month ago #59917 by siptec
Replied by siptec on topic Convert Waiting List to Registrant
Sorry Melissa, I wasn't answering you. I was putting in my 2 cents on possible functionality to be built into the system.

There will need to be something/email for the user to acknowledge the registration and pay for it if needed. I haven' t seen what Tuan has put together yet.

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #61731 by seajoom
Replied by seajoom on topic Convert Waiting List to Registrant

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hi

3. Right now, we have notification feature which when someone cancel registration, it will notify all users in waiting list. However, since we have no way for them to make payment for waiting list to become registrants automatically at the moment, maybe we should disable notification for now ?

4. So when someone cancel registration, admin will check and call one of the waiting lists users manually ask them whether they want to join. If they want, then ask them to make payment someone, then change status from Waiting List to paid so that they will be come registrants. Will that work ?

5. In the future release, I will make it possible for waiting list users to be able to make payment for their registration. But we will need to figure out how to notify each of them in separate email (so that the first user join waiting list will have more chance to join than the person join later)
Tuan

Hi Tuan

Thank you for these changes.

As a spot becomes available, upon cancellation, that spot could be temporary be assign to the first person on the list.
That person gets an email which ask to pay/confirm registration(for free events) in the next X hours or the spot will be given to the next person.

Result:
1)First person gets priority
2)Multiple cancellation after one another can happen, with no issue, and system moves to next person on the list.
3)No need for admin to manually handle things
4)Covers free events, that have limited spots (my case)
5)If no confirmation from user, system will go to the next person (by assigning events to user, if 2 more spots had became available the system sees they have spot assigned to them as pending and moves to the third person on the list)
6)system should ask the X hours!

What do you say? Hope this logic helps you develop an automatic system
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by seajoom.

More
9 years 1 week ago #61754 by FrankM
Replied by FrankM on topic Convert Waiting List to Registrant

seajoom wrote:
Hi Tuan

Thank you for these changes.

As a spot becomes available, upon cancellation, that spot could be temporary be assign to the first person on the list.
That person gets an email which ask to pay/confirm registration(for free events) in the next X hours or the spot will be given to the next person.

Result:
1)First person gets priority
2)Multiple cancellation after one another can happen, with no issue, and system moves to next person on the list.
3)No need for admin to manually handle things
4)Covers free events, that have limited spots (my case)
5)If no confirmation from user, system will go to the next person (by assigning events to user, if 2 more spots had became available the system sees they have spot assigned to them as pending and moves to the third person on the list)
6)system should ask the X hours!

What do you say? Hope this logic helps you develop an automatic system

Very nice idea ;)

Productiv: Joomla 3.5.1 / EB 2.4.3 / PHP 7.0.5
Testsys: Joomla 3.5.1 / EB 2.4.3 / PHP 7.0.5

Sorry, english isn't my native language.

More
9 years 6 days ago #61831 by Chiew Lerk Chern
Replied by Chiew Lerk Chern on topic Convert Waiting List to Registrant
May i confirm if 1.7.2 have the convert waiting list status to confirm status?

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc