[20-March-2024] Events Booking version 4.9.0 releases

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #165610 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers !

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Events Booking, version 4.9.0. Below are the improvements in this release:

1. Added Auto Group Members Plugin

The plugin can be used to generate group members automatically without requiring collect group members information. It is useful when use want to generate separate PDF ticket for each purchased ticket (which can be used to check-in registrants) but do not want to ask the person who perform registrations to enter data of all these group members (save time, and make registration process less complicated). Usually, it be be used in two cases:

- You use group registration and do not collect members information. 
- Or you use Ticket Types but do not want to collect member information for each purchased ticket.

2. Added Checked In Notification Plugin

This plugin will send notification to registrants after they are being checked in successfully. It could be used for notification purpose, and send something (like links to restricted resources...) to registrants after they already checked in at the event.

3. Improve Auto Register Plugin

Added Disable registration for main event if one of auto-register events is full parameter to allow disable registration for the main event when one of the configured auto register event is full.

4. Improve Backed List Views

We integrated table columns script for all list views (like categories management, events management, registrants management, custom fields, management....). With this feature, you can choose to hide any fields from the screen to tidy up the view and make it more clean if needed. Keep in mind that this feature is only available for Joomla 4.2.0+.

5. Improve Mass Mail

You can now upload up to 3 attachments when sending mass mails to registrants

6. Improve Upcoming Events Module And Upcoming Events Menu Item Type

- Added a parameter to allow showing upcoming events in the next certain Number Of Days 
- Allow control how events are being ordered (it is being ordered by Event Date in ASC direction by default, but you can change it to meet your need if needed, for example, ordering by title of events)

7. Improved Export Registrants

- Added config option Export Exclude Status to allow excluding registrants with certain status from being exported. For example, you might want to exclude Cancelled registrants from export result, it is now configurable.
- Show Cancelled status in the export if the registration cancelled

8. Improve Events Grid Layout

Allow hiding category, location and price if needed

9. Improve Search Module

Allow choosing how events are being ordered in search result

10. Reorganized Modules and Menu Items Parameters

We reviewed all the menu items types and modules, re-organizing it's parameters in a more logical way. For example, group parameters to filter data in a separate tab, group parameters to control how things are displayed in a separate tab...

Please update your site to this latest version of Events Booking to use these improvements. Thanks for continue using our products and support our development

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wavesweb, Geoffrey Smith, Alison, David Unwin, Bas van Kollenburg, Olga Martinez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #165619 by David Unwin
Hi Tuan,
Thanks for a great new update to Events Booking, some really nice new features.
One question on Upcoming Events Module.
 Are the Duration Filter  and Show Events  in Next number of days mutually exclusive?
Or can you use them together?
i.e. Could you set Duration Filter to be Next Week and Next number of days to be 3, so in this case it would show all events in 1st 3 days of next week
David

Attachments:

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 month 1 week ago #165629 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [20-March-2024] Events Booking version 4.9.0 releases
Hi David

It is an AND conditions / a combination. So you should be able to configure it to works as you want

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Unwin

More
1 month 1 week ago #165630 by David Unwin
Thanks Tuan,
That's great, makes the showing of events very flexible. Thank you. 

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 month 1 week ago #165641 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [20-March-2024] Events Booking version 4.9.0 releases
Thanks David

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #165648 by David Unwin
Hi Tuan,
A question on the Auto Group Members Plugin .
I am testing the new feature, so I activated the plugin with default options, see screen shot. I am not sure what the options mean, as I could not see any reference in the documentation.  docs.joomdonation.com/eventsbooking/plugins/auto-group-members
I then create a Test event with the option to auto Generate with Ticket Types (we don't use Group Booking facility on our site)
When I register for the event, I book 4 places from the Ticket Types. 
The Registration works fine. However, when I get the ticket confirmation, I get 4 booking confirmation emails, each with a separate ticket.
Is this how it works? What I was expecting was a single email confirmation with the 4 tickets. See screen shot of my email
Kind regards
David

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by David Unwin. Reason: spelling issue

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 month 1 week ago #165649 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi David

I imagine that it happens because you set Send Confirmation Email to Group Members config option set to Yes. Set it to No should solve the issue

Tuan

More
1 month 1 week ago #165650 by David Unwin
On another point. It generates 5 Registrant Records, 1 with all 4 tickets and 4 with single tickets but with registrants set to 0. 

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 month 1 week ago #165651 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That's right. Actually, the feature is only used to generate different PDF ticket for each purchased ticket. So when you use the feature :

1. You should not configure the system to show Group Member records there

2. You should not configure the system to send Email To Group Members

The Number Registrants, should not set to 0, however. I fixed the code to change it to 1. If you plan to use it, re-download the latest package and update it to your site

Regards,

Tuan

More
1 month 1 week ago #165653 by David Unwin
Thanks Tuan,
Changed the config Email To Group Members , that has worked, thank you.
What I can't find is the config option 'show Group Member records' I looked in General - Registration Settings, but nothing there? Could you tell me where this setting is?
David