Migration from J3 to J4 with Lavida

More
4 months 1 day ago #163001 by Andy
Hi! I’ve an old website in J3.10 and Lavida 2.0 installed with T3 framework. I need to upgrade to J4. I’ve already downloaded the Lavida template available version 4.1, compatible with J4 I suppose.
What are the steps to preserve the actual structure of template?
Need I remove first Lavida 2? or what need I to upgrade before to upgrade to J4?
I’ve tried to upgrade but I obtain a lot of errors about template.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 months 3 hours ago #163020 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Migration from J3 to J4 with Lavida
Hello,

The latest version of Lavida template is 4.2. It is fully compatible with Joomla 4 and Joomla 5. You should use this version if you want to update your site to Joomla 4 / Joomla 5.

To upgrade your site to Joomla 4, you need to install Lavida template version 4.2. You don't need to remove previous version because new version is using another name. Then change the configuration setting to use new template instead of old template.

You need also to upgrade whole of third party extensions to the latest versions and make sure that they are also compatible with Joomla 4.

Finally, you upgrade Joomla 3 to Joomla 4.

If you need us to work on this for you, please submit a new ticket to Lavida category so we can help you.

Sincerely, Giang

More
3 months 4 weeks ago - 3 months 4 weeks ago #163044 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Migration from J3 to J4 with Lavida
  Ok thanks! quite good :)
But I've this error when I try to open website:
"Failed opening required '/web/htdocs/mywebsite/home/joomla30_bak/components/com_content/helpers/route.php' (include_path='.:/php8.0/lib/php')"
Last edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by Andy. Reason: update

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #163135 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Migration from J3 to J4 with Lavida
Dear Andy,

Then I think you didn't do the upgrade properly. Please submit a new ticket to Lavida category to send me the super admin account to your site so we can help you to check.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong