Product Options

• Xhelilaj Alfred
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #88856 by Xhelilaj Alfred
Product Options was created by Xhelilaj Alfred
Good evening,

I am facing a small/big problem with the options of the products.
More specifically, when the user has to choose between small, large. extra large etc.
I have found how to change the option value and to be displayed something else.
My client has many products (fishing products) with many features.
He wants when adding a new product and going to options to select a size for example, to write down in a text area the values that he wants and not to choose from the predefined values. This is because there are too many values for his variety of products. Is this possible or should i go and add all the values that he might use? The existing solution that i wrote is not very productive because for every product my client will have to search for the necessary value and he doesn't want that :( .

I hope i explained correctly the problem that i am facing.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thank you in advance,
Alfred

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago #88910 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Product Options
Hello Xhelilaj,

In this case, why don't you try to use an Option with type is Text so the customers can enter what they want into the Text box when adding product to the cart?

You should read more about Options in the documentation at eshopdocs.joomservices.com/catalog/options

So the type Text or Textarea of Options should work well.

Hope that this is useful.
Sincerely, Giang

• Xhelilaj Alfred
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #89006 by Xhelilaj Alfred
Replied by Xhelilaj Alfred on topic Product Options
Hello Giang,

Thank you for your response. I have read the documentation and generally it has helped me a lot, because this is the first time i try to create an eshop. I am not a professional. But what i am looking for cannot be accomplished through the options. I have attached 3 photos where i show you for three products that there are a lot of option available. Imagine that for over 500 products. What i am looking for is if there is a possibility with some way to be able to add by myself the necessary option for each product. For example, New product=>Options=> Select a size maybe=> add=>and the value to be something that i can write at the time and not to choose something predefined from the options of the radio button.

Your first response doesn't help because as a customer you want to choose from available options and not to write down yourself anything.

Looking forward for your reply because from this depends if i will continue with the eshop or lose my client

Thank you in advance,
Xhelilaj Alfred
Attachments:

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago #89045 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Product Options
Hello,

I am sorry but I am confused about your problem. With each option, you can add any different option values to a product. If you can not use Product Options feature, then I am afraid that our extension does not have any other features to meet your requirement.

Sincerely, Giang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xhelilaj Alfred

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong