All questions about EDocman extension

Edocman and PDFIndexer

• David Hughes
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #78221 by David Hughes
Edocman and PDFIndexer was created by David Hughes
Am trying to figure out a couple of things...

In the PDFIndexer Details page, it says it integrates with the Edocman component. Does this mean PDFIndexer is integrated in Edocman, or does Edocman and PDFIndexer need to be purchased separately?

If these two components need to be purchased separately, does this mean one needs to pay $24.95 for each one? Or is there a discount rate when purchasing two components at once?

Is there a way to purchase a subscription for all components under OS Solutions?

Finally, I had purchased a subscription for PDFIndexer when it first came out and it never worked for me. Am hoping if I do purchase PDFIndexer that it will work this time... this is why I am asking all these questions. tx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #78223 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Edocman and PDFIndexer
Hi David,
You only need to purchase Edocman only because Edocman extension has PDF Indexer plugin which is used to index pdf documents of component already.
Thanks
Dam

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79508 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Edocman and PDFIndexer
I purchased, downloaded and installed EDocman a few weeks ago. Trying to install it - following the online documentation . edocmandocs.ext4joomla.com/modules-plugi...ocman-indexer-plugin

This talks about enabling, etc, the extension " Edocman - Indexer plugin" and then how to configure the Indexer. But I can't find that plugin in my installation. What am I doing wrong?

More
8 years 1 week ago #79616 by Mr. Dam
Problem solved through Ticket system
Thanks
Dam

• David Hughes
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 week ago #79658 by David Hughes
Replied by David Hughes on topic Edocman and PDFIndexer
Hello, after searching for solutions am about to purchase your eDocman. I have tried to index PDF files using a couple other solutions but the installations are messy.

Reading your installation documentation it appears I only need to install eDocman and I do not need other add-ons, yes?

Also, what I am really trying to do is install a component that is a file manager, and mainly search and index for S.E.O./S.E.F., .doc and .pdf files. This is my main need. I do not see that eDocman searches and indexes .doc files? Is that correct?

And ultimately, to be able to search and index many file types for id3 tags for instance, that is the ultimate goal. But .pdf and .doc files are the most important.

If you can answer any of the above, mainly about if eDocman can or some day will search and index .doc files, that would be very much appreciated.

Dang Thuc Dam wrote: Hi David,
You only need to purchase Edocman only because Edocman extension has PDF Indexer plugin which is used to index pdf documents of component already.
Thanks
Dam

More
8 years 1 week ago #79679 by Mr. Dam
Hi David,
As in the quotes, you don't need to purchase PDF Indexer extension to work with Edocman, because Edocman already has the PDF indexer plugin which is used to index and store content of document for searching at front-end. At front-end, you are able to use search tool of Edocman or Joomla Search component to search through content of PDF files. Of course, your Server must support PHP function: Popen to make sure the PDFtoTEXT can be run well.
Thanks
Dam

• David Hughes
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 week ago #79681 by David Hughes
Yes, thank you for your reply again. Yes, I understand PDF Indexer will search a PDF.

Am curious though... what about a .doc file? Do you have any apps that will search and index a .doc file too? tx

As in the quotes, you don't need to purchase PDF Indexer extension to work with Edocman, because Edocman already has the PDF indexer plugin which is used to index and store content of document for searching at front-end. At front-end, you are able to use search tool of Edocman or Joomla Search component to search through content of PDF files. Of course, your Server must support PHP function: Popen to make sure the PDFtoTEXT can be run well.
Thanks
Dam

• David Hughes
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 week ago #79951 by David Hughes
Hello, I purchased and downloaded edocman. Per your instructions, I did so as the PDF indexer was to be inside it.

However, I do not see the PDF indexer plugin. I am following your documentation.

Please help. The PDF indexer is the reason I purchased edocuments. tx, david

David Hughes wrote: Yes, thank you for your reply again. Yes, I understand PDF Indexer will search a PDF.

Am curious though... what about a .doc file? Do you have any apps that will search and index a .doc file too? tx

Thanks
Dam

More
8 years 1 week ago #79952 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
Please submit ticket and we will send you the PDF indexer plugin
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam