• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #87345 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Membership Pro version 2.6.3 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next minor release of Membership Pro, version 2.6.3. This version contains some nice improvements and small bug fixes as state below:

1. Improve import / export feature

- We now use PHPExcel library for importing/exporting data (subscribers, coupons), so the data can be a CSV file (like in old version), a XLS file (Excel 2003) or XLSX file (Excel 2007+). That will help you prepare/ manage importing/exporting data easier using Excel. You can choose the format of exporting data in Export Data Format config option of Membership Pro (default is Excel 2007)
- In the exporting data (coupons, subscribers), we now add id column. That mean after exporting data, you can modify the data, then import it back into the system and the system will update existing data (base on it's ID) instead of creating new record for each row in your Excel file data

2. Improve articles restriction
- I improved the plugin Membership Pro Articles Restriction plugin ( membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/resour...articles-detail-page ), add a new parameter called Protection Method. By default, it is Prevent Access to Article Detail Page. You can also set that parameter to Hide fulltext from none subscribers. If you do that, the article detail page will still being displayed, however, the system will only the text in the introtext of that article, the fulltext will be hided and replaced with a message guide users to subscribe to view the full article... If you have to restrict access to articles to subscribers, I think it will help you setup the restriction much easier compare to use this method membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/resour...t-of-joomla-articles

- Further more, when users click on the link to subscribe to the required plan, the system will redirect him back to that article so that he can view the article immediately :). More logical workflow for subscribers.

3.Improve Content - Membership Pro Content Restriction plugin

As you know, Membership Pro allows you to use protect part of a Joomla article to subscribers only (see membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/resour...t-of-joomla-articles ). However, sometime, you want to show some text in the article if subscribers haven't subscribed for certain subscription plans yet, if he subscribed, then that text will be hided

It is now doable in this new version of Membership Pro. The systax is the same with what described in the documentation membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/resour...t-of-joomla-articles , so only difference is that there will be ! character needed before the list of plans

For example, {mprestriction ids="!1,2"}The text you want to show if subscribers have not subscribed for one of the two plans with ID = 1 or ID = 2 yet.{/mprestriction}

4.Improve recurring subscription in Authorize.net

- Due to the way Authorize.net works, if users subscribe for a recurring subscription plan, Authorize.net will only process payment at certain time of the day (seems midnight). In old version, of the payment could not be processed for some reasons, Subscribers will remain active in the system. With the change in this version, if the payment is failed, the subscriber will be marked as expired immediately, that will help prevent fake subscriptions in the system

5.Improve members list displaying
- From this version, if you want to display members list in the frontend of your site, you can choose status of the subscription you want to displayed (usually all or active or expired). If you have many subscribers, this page will also be loaded faster compare to old version

6.Improve invoice

- If your site is a multilingual website, you can translate invoice into all languages use on your site

7.Improve ACYMailing Plugin

- In this new version, you can create a custom field (should be a Checkboxes custom field) contains the mailing lists you want to subscribers to subscribe to. After creating the field, please edit the plan, look at ACYMailing Settings tab, select the field you just created

If you do that, subscribers will have a chance to subscribe to the mailing lists they want to subscribe to instead of be subscribed to all the lists which selected for the plan

If you don't choose the field, then it will work as before. Subscribers will be subscribed to all mailing lists you selected for the plan

8. Fix bug with state data on user profile

There was a small bug in old version of Membership Pro prevent state not being displayed/selected properly when subscribe access to his profile. It is now fixed

If you want to use these improvements, access to My Downloads menu item, download latest version and upgrade it to your site. If you are using Membership Pro 2.6.2+, you can access to joomdonation.com/download-ids.html , get Download ID of your account, enter it into Download ID config option of Membership Pro and then you can update to latest version of Membership Pro using Joomla update from within your site

Thanks for using our products and supporting our development. I will continue working hard to improve the product, make it better from time to time

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Noll

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #87569 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.3 released
Today, I released another minor version: Version 2.6.4. This version doesn't have any new features, It however implements mechanism to allow override every code in Membership Pro and these override won't be lost when updating to new version (the same with template override). From this version, we can:

1. Override any controller classes

2. Override any model classes

3.Override any view classes

4.Override some common used static methods such as send email methods, buildTags, export data

This is very useful when we have to customize Membership Pro to meet specific requirement from certain customers. It is useful for both our support team and for developers who has to customize Membership Pro but still want to upgrade to future releases of the extension

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Colls, Michael Noll

More
7 years 7 months ago #87570 by Jonathan Colls
Replied by Jonathan Colls on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.3 released
Excellent, would you explain how this works. As I have to manually change some files after every update. Is there a override folder?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #87571 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Need to document it later (maybe on tomorrow as it is 9pm here now and I still have support requests in queue)

In your case, what modification / customization you did? On what files?

Let me know and I will give you a quick guide

Tuan

More
7 years 7 months ago #87584 by Rheza
Replied by Rheza on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.3 released
Hai Tuan,

I downloaded the latest version 2.6.4 but my installation failed with messages as the following:

- Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Can't find XML setup file.

- Error
Unable to find install package

I did save into my folder then install it as usual on Joomla. Something i missed?
Thank you for your attention.

Regards,
Rheza

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #87586 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Maybe you haven't unzipped the package before installing? Please unzip the received package, then install the file com_osmembeship.zip and it should be installed properly

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rheza

More
7 years 7 months ago #87606 by Jonathan Colls
Replied by Jonathan Colls on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.3 released
Thanks Tuan,

The particular files I have changed are:
1. components\com_osmembership\helper\mail.php
I've added a bit of code that spots if the Subject Line is DONOTSEND. This allows me to stop certain messages going out by using the plan message overrides.

2. plugins\osmembership\joomlagroups\joomlagroups.php
This has some added code to check the users email address against an internal DB and auto assigns the subscriber to various joomla groups if found.

Regards

Jonathan

More
7 years 7 months ago #87619 by Rheza
Replied by Rheza on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.3 released
Yes it fixed the problem. Thanks a lot Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #87740 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Jonathan

Here is the link to documentation (and code skeleton) github.com/joomdonation/membershippro-ov...lob/master/README.md

Unfortunately, for Joomla groups plugin code, it could not be override as the code for trigger plugin processing is handled by Joomla core. I will try to find a solution for that problem. However, it might have to be in the future

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Colls

More
7 years 6 months ago #88125 by Kylie Fun
Replied by Kylie Fun on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.3 released
I received these errors on test site when updating today:

Warning - Error connecting to the server: 403

Error - Failed to download package. Download it and install manually from joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_dm...ckage&document_id=97 .

Notice - Before updating ensure that the update is compatible with your Joomla! installation.

I can't find the update files to manually update. Please tell me if there is a way to still use updater working properly.