• Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #72081 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Membership Pro version 2.1.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Membership Pro, version 2.1.0. This version contains some small bug fixes and the following improvements :

1. Nested categories

From now on, you can organize your events cross infinite categories and subcategories (in older version, we only have flat - one level categories)

2. Currency at Plan Level

From version 2.1.0, we allow each subscription plan to have it own currency. At the moment, It will only works for Paypal. If you use a different payment gateway and need to have this feature, please let us know and we will add support for that payment gateway for you

3. Added Content - Membership Plugin

This plugin allow you to select which plans the article will be restricted to (so that only subscribers of these plans can access to the article) on article add/edit page.

4. Batch Coupon Generation feature

Allows you to create multiple coupons at once.

5. Dis-allow updating custom fee fields value on profile subscriber's profile

6. Add separate message for membership renewal using offline payment

From now on, you can config the system so that if subscribers renew their membership using offline payment method, you can display a separate thank you message (and confirmation email message) instead of using the same message with other online payment methods

7. Added some tools

- Purge Urls
- Update Database Schema : This tool is useful in case your installation / update is not success for some reasons (for example, timeout). Access to this tool will make sure the database schema of Membership Pro is updated to latest version
- Build EU Tax Rules: If you are from one of the EU countries and need to build tax rules to match EU laws, simply use this tool. All tax rules will be created automatically by the system to match the rules (you don't have to create tax rules manually)
- Share Translation : I added this tool with the hope that if you use Membership Pro in none English languages, you can use this tool to share it with Membership Pro community. That will help saving time for other customers who use the same language with you. So if you use Membership Pro in none English language and confident that your translation is good, please use this tool to share you language packages / translation back to us

8. Stop adding new features for Joomla 2.5.x

After this release, I will just focus to improve Membership Pro for Joomla 3.x only. That will allow me to use latest Joomla API, focus my time to build better software. As Joomla 2.5 End of life has reached for one year ago, if you use Joomla 2.5, you should consider updating your site to Joomla 3.x to keep updated with latest Joomla version

That doesn't mean that I don't provide support for Joomla 2.5 anymore. Membership Pro will still be available for Joomla 2.5 and in case there are any bugs/issues reported, I will fix it. If you are using Membership Pro with Joomla 2.5, you will still receive support from us as normal customers. At the moment, Membership Pro is very good / stable, so you don't have to worry much about it if you are still using Joomla 2.5

If you want to use these new improvements, please download latest version, upgrade it to your site.

Thanks for using my products and support my development

Regards,

Ossolution Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ric McDonald, Joseph D'Arcy, ensigcom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthon keuchenius
More
8 years 3 months ago #73923 by anthon keuchenius
Replied by anthon keuchenius on topic Membership Pro version 2.1.0 released
Hi Tuan,

I have a wish: when readers on my website jump on a restricted article and proceed on to pay for a subscription once they finish the proces are not automatiucally returned to the article. It would be nice if they would land there automatically, instead of being presented other screens and pushing back many times to return to this page.
Furthermore, when they log in they are presented their profile, which is totally empty and which they do not know existed. This is somewhat disturbing, why is this page presented and how can i change this?

Kind regards,
Anthon

• anthon keuchenius
More
8 years 3 months ago #74022 by anthon keuchenius
Replied by anthon keuchenius on topic Membership Pro version 2.1.0 released
Hi Tuan,
I think i have an issue with Membership Pro and disqus.
Since i put articles behind the paywall disqus stopped counting the number of comments showing beneath the article on the frontpage. In addition it says 'add a comment' instead of 0 comments, which it previously did.
Could this be a conflict with Membership pro?

Regards,
Anthon

More
8 years 3 months ago #75269 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Membership Pro version 2.1.0 released
Hi Tuan,

Great work as always. I've installed the latest upgrade 2.1.2 in the last couple of hours and have looked around but cannot find any similar explanation like the above post, as to what changes have been made in this latest version. I only ask, so I can understand what has changed or been added and to look out for these changes within the component in my admin backend.

Regards,