Email confirmation link redirects to error page

• chris
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #51346 by chris
Hi -

I have Membership Pro 1.6.5 and Joomla 3.3.5.. When I try to test the subscription process, the email that is sent to the subscriber which contains the verification link once clicked in the email does not work it winds up sending me to the Joomla error page. And of course the user is never enabled in the Joomla Users but it shows they are activated in the Subscribers under the OS Membership component however they cannot log on unless they are manually enabled in the Joomla Users.

I also tried installing the updated version 1.6.6 however upon upgrading to the new component, when I would access the subscription page I kept getting a a blank screen and the response code was the "500". I made sure I reset the menu and configurations however it seemed that this updated component must of broke during install. So I uninstalled and re-installed however still same problems. So I removed it and re-installed the 1.6.5 version again and still same problem.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #51362 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Email confirmation link redirects to error page
Hi Chris

You can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account (and FTP account) of your site. We will do the upgrade, check and make sure it works for you

Tuan

• chris
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #51430 by chris
Tuan -

Okay we plan to do that, however we would need to add your IP Address to our whitelist. Can you give me a IP address or range? This way you can access our server and get the job done without being blocked. Thanks in advance.

More
9 years 6 months ago #51446 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Email confirmation link redirects to error page
Hi Chris

Infact, we are having dynamic IP, so we could not give you an IP range. We are from Vietnam, so maybe you can unblock Vietnam ?

Tuan

• chris
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #51475 by chris
Tuan -

Okay we have submitted a ticket. Will be waiting for your directions. Thanks.

More
9 years 6 months ago #51513 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Chris. I could not check it yesterday (had to go to my home - which is far from where my work). I will check it when we come to office on tomorrow morning (Monday morning). Please wait for me

Tuan

• chris
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #52507 by chris
Turns out that the problem was, in the Joomla Users component the setting "Allow user registration" in options needed to be set to YES. This was confirmed by support. Thanks guys.

More
9 years 5 months ago #52544 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes, that's correct. Thanks for confirming Chris

Regards,

Tuan