Restricting Content to Non-Members

More
11 years 1 week ago #29274 by Majid
Restricting Content to Non-Members was created by Majid
Hi Tuan,

I have just purchased the Membership Pro and it is great. Just a question I can't seem to find the answer to on the forum:

I am trying to make it so that when non-members click on a menu item the article they see displays the content restricted message. I have tried using the syntax from the plugin but am not sure what to put in the fields 'Plan-ID' and 'content I want to restrict'. I'd also like to know how to create a separate login form for the page so that when members click on it they can sign into the site. Once a member has signed in I'd like them to be able to access the article.

The tutorial was extremely helpful but there were no instructions on how to use the URLs plugin or the content restricted plugin. Please could you help?

Many thanks,

Majid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #29339 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Restricting Content to Non-Members
Hi Majid

If you want to restrict access to your Joomla article, simply use Content Restriction plugin come with the extension. The syntax for using it is :

{mprestriction ids="1"}The text you want to hide must be inserted between here{/mprestriction}

Here are my explaination :

1. ids="1" mean only users have active subscription of Plan with ID = 1 can see the text. You can change 1 to ID of any plans you want. If you enter ids="1,3" for example and subscribers from plan with ID = 1 or ID = 3 will be able to see the text and so on....

2. I'd also like to know how to create a separate login form for the page so that when members click on it they can sign into the site

=> Unfortunately, that feature is not supported in the extension .

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.