Processing in wrong currency

• Layton Rasco
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #82904 by Layton Rasco
Processing in wrong currency was created by Layton Rasco
I have a very simple donation form set up. On the configuration page, they are not allowed to select currency and the Currency dropdown is set to Canadian Dollars. Using plugin os_paypal_pro (no currency options in there). Paypal is set up to default to CAD, but for some reason, donations are being processed in USD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Layton Rasco
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #84110 by Layton Rasco
Replied by Layton Rasco on topic Processing in wrong currency
Since no on replied to this, I might assume that no one cares. However, in working with PayPal, I was able to find the problem. In the os_paypal_pro.php file, the "currencycode" is hard coded as "USD" rather than every other field that is programmed to get the parameter as set in the backend UI. The result was much time lost setting and trying to configure parameters in the backend that the payment API was never even trying to find. My company very nearly lost this client due to this, and my client very nearly lost thousands of dollars in frustrated donors.

If anyone is using the Paypal Pro gateway (sold separately as an add-on), be aware that it will process in USD no matter what your backend parameters are set to. If you wish to change this, open os_paypal_pro.php and search for "currencycode". It occurs twice and both should be changed to the currency of choice.

More
7 years 9 months ago #84111 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Processing in wrong currency
Hi Layton

I am really sorry. For some reasons, we missed your forum post and could not reply

In the future, for issue like this, please submit a support ticket instead and we are going to check and solve within 24 hours

For this issue, we are going to check and solve it, the upload the download package of the payment plugin on tomorrow morning

Really sorry for the inconvenience

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt