• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #49776 by safeworld4women
Possible upgrade Installation errors? was created by safeworld4women
Hi Tuan
I have been experimenting with upgrading to latest version and experienced a couple of errors
1) The first error happened when I was testing offline
The component was a bit strange when it upgraded - it wasn't a clean process. But it did install.
However on the existing donation page there was an error.....
JD_CAPTCHA_NOT_ACTIVATED_IN_YOUR_SITE
I checked to see if there was a JD_Captcha plugin missing but realised this wasn't the case.
I then checked the Component settings and noticed that the CAPTCHA option was on.
When I turned this off - the error message went away

2) I then upgraded on the live site
www.cofapri.org
This time I got a clear error message
Fatal error: Class 'DonationHelper' not found in /home/cofapri/public_html/tmp/install_541c64b5ac6a4/com_jdonation/packages/install_541c64b5ba161/com_jdonation/install.jdonation.php on line 614
This didn't prevent me getting into the backend.
First I completely cleared the cache
Then I went to the JD configuration settings and turned off the CAPTCHA setting.
Now I can access the donation page
www.cofapri.org/donate.html
I haven't tested making a donation yet...
basically I wanted to flag up this possible error for your team to look at!

Best

Andrew

Fatal error: Class 'DonationHelper' not found in /home/cofapri/public_html/tmp/install_541c64b5ac6a4/com_jdonation/packages/install_541c64b5ba161/com_jdonation/install.jdonation.php on line 614

I am the Operations Director and lead Developer for The Safeworld International Foundation - an award winning international Non-profit working for women's empowerment.
I also design websites for non-profit organisations and small ethical businesses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #49823 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Possible upgrade Installation errors?
Hi Andrew

1 => The new version requires usage of Joomla core Captcha system. See docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_use_Recaptcha_in_Joomla%3F for how to enable and use it.

2=> The error DonationHelper is something which we could not see it during the installation and upgrade. Maybe you can download latest version and upgrade it again (as we fixed few small issues today)

Please try to upgrade it again. If you still see error, you can submit a support ticket so that I can check it for you

Regards,

Tuan

• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #49825 by safeworld4women
Replied by safeworld4women on topic Possible upgrade Installation errors?
Thanks Tuan
Will download the latest version and let you know

Andrew

I am the Operations Director and lead Developer for The Safeworld International Foundation - an award winning international Non-profit working for women's empowerment.
I also design websites for non-profit organisations and small ethical businesses.

• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #49827 by safeworld4women
Hi Tuan
No need to log into our site if you are busy!
I just re-upgraded the component and this time I got the following messages

Warning
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/cofapri/public_html/components/com_jdonation/models
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/cofapri/public_html/administrator/components/com_jdonation/models
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/cofapri/public_html/administrator/components/com_jdonation/views
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/cofapri/public_html/administrator/components/com_jdonation/tables

When I looked at the admin folders concerned
The folders are all there but there is one difference in each case
models is called 'model'
as in
/home/cofapri/public_html/components/com_jdonation/model
views is called
/home/cofapri/public_html/components/com_jdonation/view
tables is called
/home/cofapri/public_html/administrator/components/com_jdonation/table
I think the names of these component folders have been changes in the new version and when the upgrade happens it is still looking for the old names of the folders
As a test I went to my offline backup site and deleted the existing tables
/home/cofapri/public_html/components/com_jdonation/model
/home/cofapri/public_html/components/com_jdonation/view
/home/cofapri/public_html/administrator/components/com_jdonation/table
- The component installed successfuly with no error message
best

Andrew

More
9 years 7 months ago #49847 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Andrew

Don't worry about the error messages. To be honest, I don't know why Joomla throws that error message, the code looks correct.

I will spend time to debug Joomla core installation script to see how it goes. But as I mentioned, don't worry about that message, everything is installed properly

So please continue to check and if you see anything wrong, please let me know and I will check it for you

Tuan

• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #49855 by safeworld4women
Hi Tuan
I did a test with Paypal Sandbox and things worked properly..
So far so good!

Andrew

More
9 years 7 months ago #49875 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks for the update Andrew.

Tuan

More
9 years 7 months ago #50122 by Dr Nancy
Replied by Dr Nancy on topic Possible upgrade Installation errors?
I had the same problem with the JD_Captcha notification. Turned of Captcha option in configuration and it went away. But I would like to have the Captcha feature in the future.

More
9 years 7 months ago #50196 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Nancy
The new version requires usage of Joomla core captcha. So please follow the instruction at docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_use_Recaptcha_in_Joomla%3F to enable reCaptcha on your site and use it in Joom Donation

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Nancy

More
9 years 6 months ago #50685 by Arts Council
Replied by Arts Council on topic Possible upgrade Installation errors?
Hi Andrew/Tuan,
I had the same issue on our site at artsfairfax.org/support-the-arts as Andrew. First, I received a php error on line 614, then I re-installed the component again and the same errors below came up.

I checked the folders and they seem to be there accept the 's' is missing. I am running testmode now and will report back on any other issues. Greetings, Henrik

Warning

JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/acfc2/public_html/components/com_jdonation/models
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/acfc2/public_html/administrator/components/com_jdonation/models
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/acfc2/public_html/administrator/components/com_jdonation/views
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/acfc2/public_html/administrator/components/com_jdonation/tables

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt