Hiding donation amounts and showing comments

• chris earnshaws
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #25742 by chris earnshaws
Hiding donation amounts and showing comments was created by chris earnshaws
Hi There

we are using this component on our charity site and its great, however we wish to hide the amount donated on the donator page and also the module, we also want to show the comments people make. thanks for the help! :side:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #25795 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Hiding donation amounts and showing comments
Hi

In this case, you will need to edit code to add/remove the needed information. Please send me the link to the page so that I can guide you what files need to be modified .

Tuan

• chris earnshaws
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #25832 by chris earnshaws
Replied by chris earnshaws on topic Re: Hiding donation amounts and showing comments
i have edited the amounts out easy enough, just need the comments to show!

www.lisaskickcancercampaign.com/index.php/donate/donate-3

More
11 years 2 months ago #25833 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Hiding donation amounts and showing comments
Hi Chris

Did you look at the code ? You can simply add a new column to the table, then use <?php echo $row->comment; ?> to display comment (like other fields like first_name, last_name).

Please give it a try .

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: chris earnshaws

• chris earnshaws
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #25834 by chris earnshaws
Replied by chris earnshaws on topic Re: Hiding donation amounts and showing comments
thats all i need :) thanks, just wasnt sure what the comments table was called :D

More
11 years 2 months ago #25835 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Once you completed the modification, please help me by giving Joom Donation a 5 stars rating and a nice review at extensions.joomla.org/extensions/e-commerce/donations/7094 to support my development. It is important for my business, so please spend few minutes to help me :).

BTW, it is a nice extension, isn't it ?

Tuan

• chris earnshaws
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #25836 by chris earnshaws
its great tuan, really helped us take donations quick and simply. without it we would have struggled to get the site live in the 3 days we did. good job! :woohoo:

More
11 years 2 months ago #25838 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

chris earnshaws wrote: its great tuan, really helped us take donations quick and simply. without it we would have struggled to get the site live in the 3 days we did. good job! :woohoo:

Happy to hear that, hehe !

• chris earnshaws
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #25839 by chris earnshaws
Another quick question if i may :) becuase some of the fund raising is sponsorship some of the money wont be shown through the donation module (because it goes direct to the bank) is it possible to add that to the total amount? i suppose its like a fake donation :)

I know i could as it in via mysql but if i can do it through the site i can get the treasurer to do it! :blush:

More
11 years 2 months ago #25840 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Simply go to back-end of your site, create a new donation record. Please make sure to set it to Paid (Published) and everything will work as expected :).

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt